The Student Room Group

emotionally attached friend?!

Okay so basically i have this friend yeah....
Shes in the year beneath me...she's in year 10
I go to a private school and one of our classes we mix together and we got placed next to each other and then we became quite close. (we got moved now coz we talked alot)
She was/is going through alot of ish in her life (its calmed down now) and she would always come to me for help. i didnt mind and we concided in a teacher for help too. she has freinds in her year group but i mean sometimes they can be bit*hy so yeah i guess she talks to me alot.
Oh yeah and ,my cousin is in her class who she hangs out with. but my cousin is kind of childish so she can't really confide in her as she doesnt understand about anxiety etc. shes basically like a kid.
anyways i love her loads but idk why recently i've just found her presence a bit annoying. like i hace my gcses atm so we dont message as much but i still find my self (whenever i am on my phone) seeing a message from her. its not the ones where she wants to start up a conversation but more so like checking up on me indirectly. its like she HAS to get a message from me for her day to be complete(well thats what i feel)
let me give you an example: she knows i hate it when ppl reply with ''K''coz i feel like its a bit rude so like then if we had a coinvo at 11pm she will ''accidently'' write 'k' to something nd then the next morning she will be like ''whoooops sorry i mean 'okay' not k'' which in response ill reply, dygm? and its just bugging me now. like its just annoying that she always wants a message or something. also the year 10's are doing some leavers party thing for us and they are doing speeches for different members of my class and i know shes doing one for me. i just hope uits not cheesy becoz i already get teased by mates that we are super close when i take time out of my day at lunch to talk to her. also i have a feeling she will cry ALOT on the last day seeing as i am leaving..and she always confides in me. for some reason i dont think ill have the same response back.
i feel really bad for having these feelings but i can't help it. any advice? you can call me what u wanna. i won't take it personal.
Reply 1
It's not the easiest thing to do but I think you should confront her about it. In a calm way of course. Tell her that you feel she's becoming a little clingy, but assure her that you care about her and will miss her when you leave. (Or something along those lines. Just be honest but not brutal.) It's better to get your feelings out than to suppress them. Hope it goes alright :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by EvaQ8
It's not the easiest thing to do but I think you should confront her about it. In a calm way of course. Tell her that you feel she's becoming a little clingy, but assure her that you care about her and will miss her when you leave. (Or something along those lines. Just be honest but not brutal.) It's better to get your feelings out than to suppress them. Hope it goes alright :smile:

okay, ill try my best....i hate coming across as rude, but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
Thanks for the reply tho
You didn't need to make 3 threads about the same thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending