What would you do? Watch

sarcasticallysincere
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Imagine the situation you are at a crowded bar in a club waiting to be served and you definetly hear the person next to you ordering a diet coke (on it's own) despite this you notice the bar personnel adding a shot of vodka to the drink without the original customer noticing. What would you do?
This is not a theoretical situation this is what happened to me this evening I saw this happening - I tried to tell the girl but because of the loud music she couldn't hear me and blended into the crowd before I could stop her - I tried to tell the club manager someone I have met on several occasions but he strongly defended his staff and accused me of being drunk and disorderly and therefore had me chucked out despite the fact I hadn't drunk anything as I am on antibiotics. I am really worried about this girl and most of all about this club as it is the student place to be on one night per week and as such it could happen regularly. What would you do?
DestinedToFail
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Congratulate the girl, especially after the new budget.
ColinOfEdinburgh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It could've been an honest mistake? It was loud evidently.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you are absolutely sure of what you saw, I would write to the club outlining everything that happened this evening, and suggest they check their CCTV if they don't think your word has enough clout on its own. However, you must be absolutely sure of what you saw (I mean, are you certain that she hadn't ordered a spirit, and then he had asked her what mixer she wanted, to which she replied "diet coke"?). And unless you can be certain that it wasn't a genuine mistake on the part of the barman, you should also be careful about how you word your letter.

If that proves unfruitful, I'd suggest you ask for their head office address, and try the same thing with them. Is this particular club one of a chain, or is it independent?

I don't think you should just let it drop, because whether it was a mistake or not, it's not really an acceptable mistake to make IMO (what if the girl had been allergic to alcohol..?), and the club in question should take responsibility for that sort of mishap.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What club did this happen in? Sorry, its just out of intrest.

You did the right thing, but you should have tried to contact the girl as there is a chance she did order a Vodka and coke after all.
Getting kicked out though, that is extremely harsh but managers of clubs are like that.

I got pushed around and punched by the bouncers in Onanon in Picadilly, but there was literally nothing I could do about it. I wanted to complain to the manager too but didnt want to make the situation worse. Places like this think they are beyond the law and its out of order.
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Personally, I wouldn't do anything. Like it's been said, she coulda asked for diet coke with her spirit. It was loud? you could have misheard? I would have a problem with being chucked out though, that's really unfair and unjustified, you have a right to say what you thought you saw. If I was in this situation I probably just wouldn't bother going back to this place.
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Id have not said anything. None of my business. Having worked in a nightclub I know that unless you learn to lip read pretty quickly the job becomes difficult, 'Fosters' can sound like 'Vodka' for example and it all gets very confussing.
Either you or the person on the bar could have mis heard, no biggie. Also the girl could have known the person behind the bar who was slipping her a sneaky shot and only charging for the coke, no matter
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wish barmen would slip me free drinks...
sarcasticallysincere
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I apologise I clearly overreacted - my instict told me to do something but clearly that was wrong. Next time I will decide not to interfere if things that having noting to do with me
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.32%
No (485)
60.85%
Not really bothered about them (166)
20.83%

Watched Threads