how to do if you were given 10m pounds and told stop studying? Watch

Michaelli
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Many people study is for a good job and make money, if somebody give you 10m pounds and ask you totally stop studying from now on until your whole life, would you do that?

ps:somebody said it's not a good english sentence, hope someone can help make it correcter,
goodbyeforever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Offcourse!!!
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
£10 million to stop studying?

Yes please.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I dunno if it'd be a good idea for you OP, seems like you need a few more english lessons.
FoeGeddaBowDeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Be more specific on the 'stop studying' part. Does it mean I can never learn anything new again, i'm stuck with the only the knowledge I have now? I'd probably leave the money. I have to drop out of formal education? $$$.
bethabetta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For how long? And is studying the same as gaining knowledge for the fun of it? If so, I think I'd refuse.
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd take the money and run.
There are so many business oportunities which can be had for £10 million I wouldn't really need 6th form anymore.
ellabella
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah id drop out of formal education in an instant. tbh i wanna give up my degree right now. but SOME aspects of science in particular interest me and i wouldnt want to nevr be able to learn a new fact, read a book or use simple maths... what exactly do u mean by give up studying?
goodbyeforever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Seanisonfire)
I dunno if it'd be a good idea for you OP, seems like you need a few more english lessons.

HAHAHA thats so funny
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by goodbyeforever)
HAHAHA thats so funny
Always glad to be appreciated :seansmells:
Adnams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd drop out, buy my own university, and train people to be my minions muhaha!:ridinghor
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Pffft as if id even have to think about it. Id quit uni tomorrow if some idiot was willing to hand over £10 million quid to me for doing so.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Holy God, yes.

In fact, if I did drop out, I'd be entitled to an Ordinary LL.B Degree anyway.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I was asked would I do it for £500,000 - that would be a rather more challenging question.
halátnost
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Michaelli)
Many people study is for a good job and make money, if somebody give you 10m pounds and ask you stop studying, would you do that?

Can you define 'studying'? Do you mean merely formal study? Because it's a bloody good question if the definition is wider.

lol @ the blatantness of louisedotcom's answer.
Bismarck
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No. I actually like learning, and I wouldn't be able to get the jobs that I want without the degree. And ten million pounds won't even get you anywhere nowadays. Most people who'd take the money would probably blow it in a few years and then end up poor and without an education. Heck, it's what happens to a lot of lottery winners.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by halátnost)
lol @ the blatantness of louisedotcom's answer.
I entirely agree with her. Hell, I'd suck off a 90 year old bloke for ten million quid.
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bismarck)
No. I actually like learning, and I wouldn't be able to get the jobs that I want without the degree. And ten million pounds won't even get you anywhere nowadays. Most people who'd take the money would probably blow it in a few years and then end up poor and without an education. Heck, it's what happens to a lot of lottery winners.
Yeah, but most intelligent people generally suspect themselves to be a bit more prudent than that.

I'd only really need to spend a couple of million of that on myself. The rest I could happily invest in other things or use for my own business ventures. You really couldn't ask for a better head start if you were looking to become enormously wealthy.
decoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
Yeah, but most intelligent people generally suspect themselves to be a bit more prudent than that.

I'd only really need to spend a couple of million of that on myself. The rest I could happily invest in other things or use for my own business ventures. You really couldn't ask for a better head start if you were looking to become enormously wealthy.
:ditto:
halátnost
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
I entirely agree with her. Hell, I'd suck off a 90 year old bloke for ten million quid.
:ditto:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.35%
No (417)
72.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise