Turn on thread page Beta

CS vs. Macquarie vs. RBS Tech graduate training program watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My question is, from what you've all heard, which of the technology grad program is better? Which of the following has a better long-term career potential?

Credit Suisse vs. Macquarie vs. Royal Bank of Scotland

And well, say I have signed the contract from one of the above banks, how would it affect my future career switches if I now decline the offer with the bank I have signed the contract (in terms of shifting between banks in the future and applying to the bank I decline) and go for another one of the banks?

ReputationRep:
    Neither Credit Suisse or RBS have good reputations, I don't really know much about Macquarie.

Reneging on a contract is extremly bad form, it's not as if you're just declining an offer, you willing entered into a binding legal obligation. Many banks would reject you outright if they were aware of you conducting such behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    OH No! Really? But the contract doesnt say anything about staying with the company for a specific period of time. It's just like give us such a notice once u start if ever u want to quit. Nothing else. What then?

ReputationRep:
    No i dont think its that bad rejecting the offer even after you signed the contract and sent it. I know someone who rejected a BB bank after he signed the contract, and went to another bank for internship. However for grad position he applied again to the same bank he rejected earlier (for internship), same devision and got through and even got a contract again...
    the person just gave a honest reason for rejecting them thats all.

ReputationRep:
    Ah ok! That sounds better!! Thanks a lot!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.