Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a big fan of skirts, because i always end up being cold all night. but is that what you usually wear?
    how about heels/no heels?
    hair and makeup?

Just trying to get an overview here.

ReputationRep:
    Full length skirt, t-shirt that goes with it, knee high, pvc platform boots with heel, blue eyeliner and eyeshadow.

Hair usually in a ponytail or just down.

ReputationRep:
    A belt. And 2 feet high heels.

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear a dress or skirt and shorts with tights or leggings.
    My legs are an okay shape, but they are so pale and I can't be bothered to fake tan so I hide them.
    Always wear heels, even though I'm 5ft 10 already. I just feel more confident and night-out-ish when I have a few extra inches.

As for makeup, I always go the full whack. Foundation, bronzer, blusher, eyeliner, eyeshadow etc. Normally I'm lazy with make up but if I know I'm going clubbing or to a bar I'll make the effort.

ReputationRep:
    More than most of the girls in there I can tell you that much.

ReputationRep:
    Normally, just T-shirt jeans and trainers. Depending on my mood.

Last time I wore a cropped cardi with a mini boob tube underneath, jeans with a sparkly belt and patent wedges. But I was making a special effort that night.

If I had the guts (And took better care of myself), I'd wear all kinds of trashy, alt/skimpy stuff as that's the kind of thing I like.

Hair straightened and I wear lipgloss/lipbalm at the very least.

Sometimes I add mascara and/or eyeshadow and/or eyeliner and/or foundation and/or blusher.

Depending on mood, either wear my glasses or contacts

ReputationRep:
    jeans with a nice top and flats or a dress with flats.
    Mostly just normal clothes.

Some girls look like they are going to a posh party or a flipping wedding though. I don't get why they make the effort, ITS DARK IN CLUBS FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE.

But it is nice to look pretty and all done up and can make you feel good, but sometimes girls just look silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisedotcom)
    More than most of the girls in there I can tell you that much.

Ditto. Most rock up like they're ready for a day at Bondi Beach.

Other than that similar to molly's. I usually wear a nice patterned dress with tights and shoes (not super high). the dress isn't really formal because i mainly go to clubs to dance and have a good time, not to just sit off by the bar looking Loreal-esque. So I wear dresses which are easy to move about in, comfy. A coat over if it's cold. Make-up: eyeliner, eye shadow, lipgloss/stick, bronzer, mascara etc. I'm not a massive make-up head otherwise.

I'm definitely not one of these who gets both boob cleavage and knee cleavage out simultaneously.

ReputationRep:
    Something warm with a pair of waders, heavy duty gloves, and some kind of hat.

Or do you mean clubbing as in the disco? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy.dd)

Some girls look like they are going to a posh party or a flipping wedding though. I don't get why they make the effort, ITS DARK IN CLUBS FOR GOD SAKES PEOPLE.

But it is nice to look pretty and all done up and can make you feel good, but sometimes girls just look silly.

I agree with everything here.

ReputationRep:
    I usually wear high waisted skirts, shorts or jeans. For tops, usually something metallic or sparkly. Satin or silk material also works well.

I wouldn't worry too much about being cold, clubs can get REALLY hot. Just stuff a cardi in your bag or something for when you leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halátnost)
    I agree with everything here.
    thanks

I think my out look is to do with having a boyfriend and I make more effort when Im single, but when I say effort I just mean I wear dresses out more, and by dresses I mean normal day to day ones.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies makeup is really a must for me, just to feel i'm out and partying, no matter the club.
    but i usually like to dance a lot cause i go out to dance and not to drink, so heels are really a pain after a few hours

ReputationRep:
    thanks

I think my out look is to do with having a boyfriend and I make more effort when Im single, but when I say effort I just mean I wear dresses out more, and by dresses I mean normal day to day ones.
    Yeah exactly! I do have "posher" or more formal dresses that I wear occasionally, but clubs are so sweaty/beer-hazardous zones that I prefer to wear dresses that I would bop out to lunch in the day in. Otherwise I feel overdressed! Which I know sounds paradoxical, considering we've just discussed how a lot of other girls are dressed up to the nines, but their intepretation of 'dressing up to the nines' is often dressing up 9% of body surface area.

yeah, nice dress, tights, flats/or bit of a heel. make up. perfect. I'm a lazy **** though, for instance I tend to combine applying lip gloss with yawning when getting ready to go out.

ReputationRep:
    A cute minidress thats not too mini but still clubby- normally made of like a chiffon or tulle or silk fabric
    Opaque tights in winter, bare legs or really thin nude tights in summer
    High heels

ReputationRep:
    nothing too dressy - cute top, denim skirt - ACCESSORIES ARE THE KEY PEOPLE!!!!!
    turboShrimp how do you survive in high heels?! they absolutely murder my feet, and make me look like a giant considering i'm already fairly tall for a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghey_101)
    nothing too dressy - cute top, denim skirt - ACCESSORIES ARE THE KEY PEOPLE!!!!!
    turboShrimp how do you survive in high heels?! they absolutely murder my feet, and make me look like a giant considering i'm already fairly tall for a girl.
    out of necessity- I'm 5"1 and because my feet seem to be pretty resilient, i try to wear ones that have some kind of strap so my feet are supported but they really aren't an issue. Then I'll carry some of the foldup pumps from pretty ballerina for going home in and its easy

ReputationRep:
    I always try to dress nicely in clubs. One of those occasions where pretty much everyone will sum you up in about 5 seconds, based on a glance at your appearance. If dressing nicely means you get served drinks quicker, people want to come and talk to you, and you can enter the club ... do it!!!!!!!

I often wear ... nice shoes (brogues, chelsea boots) ... dark simple jeans ... fun belts (leather, not too bulky, interesting colours) ... a decent shirt or occasionally a polo shirt or grandad top ... a well-cut blazer or a leather jacket.

If I'm somewhere a bit more studenty, I'll wear jeans, good belt, trainers (AF1 - always!), and a t-shirt with maybe a scarf and cardigan.

ReputationRep:
    i like to look like iv made an effort when i go out so i use foundation, bronzer, masacra, lipgloss, liquid eyeliner
    il usually wear a colourful dress or black shorts with a glam top
    and heels always boost ur confidence (even if they give you major foot rub!lol)

ohh and a coat is a good idea if its cold outside and you can leave it in the club cloakroom

ReputationRep:

Same. I hate exposing too much flesh, and I hate being really dressy. Casual clothes are best!

With make-up: well that's petty much the same as during the day time too with perhaps some mascara and eyeshadow.

I'm not really a clubby person.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.