Turn on thread page Beta

help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone
    I seem to have a problem for the past six years i fell in love with a guy when i was in high school and within a year i was pregnant and he left for another country and never bothered to be in touch. I kept looking for him until i got in touch with him and by then he told me he was now living with his new girlfriend but i just still loved him. We began to talk and he began to tell me he was in debt i tried to help him out cause ireally cared. he broke up with this girl and was left in a huge mess as in hse was still under lease and i helped with abt 500pounds every month for 4 months. He kept asking for money and i would help and help. He began to be so nice to me and i thought maybe we will finally be together i visited him and flew to the other country and the 1st night he told me he did not love me at all. I was broken, the next day he said i had to buy groceries for his house and at the same time pay his rent i was so vulnerable and i did it. I left after 3days and we continued to talk again for another year and he said he would fly over to visit me but i had to buy the ticket, i bought the ticket paid for a holiday and he came over without even a cent. I spoiled him all through. About a month after he left the ex girlfriend wrote me an email and said that she was his girl friend they were back together. I was broken and asked him about it and said yes it was true. What can i do i still love him and i can't let go of him. I txt him and he ignores me now. what can i do to heal and move on with my life...

ReputationRep:
    Stop giving him money for a start.
    Cut all ties and realise its never gonna happen and hes a terrible person to not be able to financially support himself to the point he has to take money off a person who he left when she was pregnant.

No offense but how did you not see this happening? How did you believe he would ever end up with you when he never showed any commitment after he left?

Yeah, cut ties and move on. Heartbreak happens, people deal with it. It just takes time.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you posted this in Health & Relationships about a week ago??

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, cut ties and move on. Heartbreak happens, people deal with it. It just takes time.
    Its already been 6 years.

Human biology makes people irrational in love for about 18-24 months. Not 6 years!

There must be something deeper.

It sounds like you have subconsciously bought into some fantasy life which in reality never existed.

I think its a question of confidence - do you have the confidence to pursue your own ambitions, or are you going to settle for a depressing situation because you don't have the confidence to create something better for yourself?

I doubt I have to tell you what to do. Since you have admitted something is wrong by posting your problem you probably already know.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.