The Student Room Group

Will studying in Canada as a British student have to be self-financed?

Hi,
I would love to study Animation at Sheridan College. The tuition fees are only slightly more expensive than UK universities. However, I obviously wouldn't be eligible for Student Finance. Are there any loan schemes or financial services (no scholarships, they are not reliable, unless you know of some solid options) that would mean my tuition fees are paid for while I study in Canada? I am also a French/British citizen if that is of any significance. The only good good course for animation in the UK IMO is at Bournemouth (NCCA), and I don't really like the location. Escape Studios is also a good shout but I want the university experience and I don't feel like it would deliver.
From what I can see the tuition fees are much more expensive?? I was also looking at this option and it says for the Animation course that the $27,000 fees cover the first two academic terms only?

I'd also like to say I'm in the same position! I originally only thought BU had a decent course, but with my limited options I've been forced to do more research. Hertfordshire, Ravensbourne, AUB and Falmouth all seem to have really good courses and reputations. Portsmouth and NUA too! There is still an industry here, however small it may be.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending