I'm looking for a serious relationship with a girl... but no one seems interested..

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As the title of the thread states it clearly, I am having very limited luck with finding the right girl for myself - it seems like no one is interested in actually giving me a chance to show that I can be the guy they are after.. but unfortunately, most of the girls I bump into are after ****boys or they are after guys who can splurge them with gifts and materialistic goods..

I'm a 21 year old guy, 6"0 in height and seem to be above-average in the looks department but have a slightly chubby body build (I'm working on this so watch this space) and be starting my final year soon in University.

It seems like my luck is dwindling away and would be in need of some dire advice from girls who have had experience before with guys (preferably can speak to directly on PM with more privacy) and a bit of enlightenment from you all on TSR.

Any meaningful and useful advice will be muchly appreciated.
Ay_Arriba
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As the title of the thread states it clearly, I am having very limited luck with finding the right girl for myself - it seems like no one is interested in actually giving me a chance to show that I can be the guy they are after.. but unfortunately, most of the girls I bump into are after ****boys or they are after guys who can splurge them with gifts and materialistic goods..

I'm a 21 year old guy, 6"0 in height and seem to be above-average in the looks department but have a slightly chubby body build (I'm working on this so watch this space) and be starting my final year soon in University.

It seems like my luck is dwindling away and would be in need of some dire advice from girls who have had experience before with guys (preferably can speak to directly on PM with more privacy) and a bit of enlightenment from you all on TSR.

Any meaningful and useful advice will be muchly appreciated.
I found that actively searching isn’t the way forward, to be honest. Tinder and all those apps, they are BUILT around materialism and looks. Almost every guy I dated on there wasn’t in the slightest interested.

My advice? As much as it seems stupid and sucky, wait it out a little longer, meet people in interesting places or through friends. Let things happen. Or, if you really want to actively search avoid swiping-style apps where looking at a pretty face is all that matters

I found someone I love through very strange matters, and at the start I wasn’t remotely interested. I think a lot of us students forget how young we are and that it so isn’t the end of the world that romance isn’t going our way yet <3
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's an element of luck in this.

There's also an element of skill and making your own luck.

Good advice from Ay_Arriba. You don't need Tinder nor any online dating to meet lots of potential partners if you're at uni. Unless you're at Loughborough.

All you need is an active social life. The more active and the wider your social circle the better.

In the next few years a number of your friends will be getting married. Weddings are a great place to meet people.

And, once you've got an income there's always the option of using a matchmaking service. My personal preference would be for a certain international one.
purplpeanut
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly as a gal, if you're looking for a dating app where girls actually care about personalities, bumble is the place to be. But you have to put yourself out there and make yourself interesting and hold a decent conversation. Girls on there will match with almost everyone they swipe on and since bumble has the feature where you can send pictures to each other, I know many a girl whose gotten a **** pic even though it says "looking for a relationship" on their profile. Tinder is mostly for hookups, finding a relationship can happen on there but it most likely won't.

Otherwise, having a mutual friend introduce you to a girl is the best route. As long as you don't have ridiculous standards for a girl (examples: must like EVERYTHING that you love to do, must look/act/like exactly you want, etc.) it'll most likely work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads