How many funerals have you been to in your life?

Watch
Snee147
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been to 3 , two of my grandparents and my uncle
ilovecherries
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Two. Both were my first cousins
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One. My granddad 13yrs ago.
Icypricy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
0 my grandma, grandads from mum and dads side died but I never went to them too far away
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Six
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
About 30. How grim.
Chief Wiggum
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
At 70 years old and brought up in the care system in the 40s and 50's, there were too many funerals to count. As a child, diptheria, measles, polio, TB and other related saw off many of the children I was in care with. My first husband died of Motor Neurone. I have buried 2 babies, both stillborn. Buried a grandchild, stillborn 3 years ago.
thedevotchka
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My dad is a bishop so growing up I had to go to all the elderly church members funerals. I think probably I've been to about 40 or 50. Only 2 family members and 1 personal friend, though.
BasingstokeBoy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
0, no one in my family has died in the last 2 decades
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Only 1 so far and that was 10 years ago.
honeybloomed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Two, my grandmother and dad
ma_long
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

2 grandparents and 1 family friend, sums up basically that we are all going to die.....and that's how it should be. People live life like they are going to live forever, the reality is, time is short. Death is probably the greatest law of this universe, gets rid of the old to make way for the new. Whether you believe in god or not, death is the greatest reality check.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Too many and certainly more than twenty. Thing is, mortality is 100%. If we live to an old age, we outlive all of the previous generation and maybe all of our own generation not to mention a good few of the generation that comes after.

The hardest of all are children.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Seamus123)
At 70 years old and brought up in the care system in the 40s and 50's, there were too many funerals to count. As a child, diptheria, measles, polio, TB and other related saw off many of the children I was in care with. My first husband died of Motor Neurone. I have buried 2 babies, both stillborn. Buried a grandchild, stillborn 3 years ago.
Sounds like you've had a rough ride.

My partner is adopted - her mother was forced to give her up from birth as she was 17 and raised in the care system in Ireland. (Wexford) Her parents married a couple of years after and are still together.
username2088165
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
3 - grandpa, great aunt and aunt's mother
Nunchuck-master-2334
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
4, though technically 2 of them don't count as they were done in my back garden. My Grandma and Grandad and 2 cats
JaydorIV
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
one, my grandma made me leave in the middle of the school fair when I was primary school to go to a funeral. I still don't know who it was that died.
username3942526
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
One my mothers.
claireestelle
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
7, my dads, two grandparents, dad's friend, a great aunt and my step dad's parents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (455)
56.38%
I don't have everything I need (352)
43.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed