Turn on thread page Beta

Guys, do you respect girls less after you have had sex with them? watch

ReputationRep:
    I seem to notice a lot of guys have this attitude, they are incredibly hypocritical about about sex, and although they love it and are obsessed, they still see the act as something disgusting and shameful, and this gets transferred to the girl they're doing it with.

ReputationRep:
    Erm I dont reali get your point sorry. But If I sleep with a girl I tend to have exactly the same attitude before and after.

ReputationRep:
    I respect guys less after they've slept with me

ReputationRep:
    Matters how good of a shag they are. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouge)
    I seem to notice a lot of guys have this attitude, they are incredibly hypocritical about about sex, and although they love it and are obsessed, they still see the act as something disgusting and shameful, and this gets transferred to the girl they're doing it with.
    are you out of your mind?!

sex is beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    I could kind of understand it if it were a 1 night stand type thing.
    I know both parties have participated in it, but if id dropped my knickers just like that, respect would be the last thing I was expecting.

ReputationRep:
    in a word, no.

Less? If anything, I'd respect them more for willing to sleep with me. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Men are studs girls are sluts...

Last night I was drunk and ended in a room with two guys. They were trying to have a three sum, i turned them flat down, yet i get caled a ****, *****. I would of done it as well but they live where i live. then they call me fat and a minger...so what does that make them!

ReputationRep:
    i dont really see the point of respecting girls. wht will i get out of it? a blowjob?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDD99)
    i dont really see the point of respecting girls. wht will i get out of it? a blowjob?
    Sure, if sex is the only thing you value. Most decent human beings actually value other things though, e.g. getting respect back, friendship, building a relationship with someone. And actually a lot of the time respect will get you sex. I would never have sex with someone who didn't respect me and I know most of my girlfriends feel the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I've never felt that guys I've slept with have respected me less after sex. But I know what I want from a night and let them know, I think as long as you don't act like a clingy idiot or a slut (shag and run) then they shouldn't respect you any less.

Of course thats probably just the men I mix with.

i dont see why i would to be honest. i mean ive had sex with them so surely i would have to lose self respect too?

ReputationRep:
    That's a funny thing really.

ReputationRep:
    I'd respect them more for being so charitable.

ReputationRep:
    None of the men I've had sex with have had that kind of attitude to me, I think. If anything they have sometimes been quite alarmingly respectful. But then, I'm pretty honest in my aims, and it'd be difficult indeed to argue I'd been taken advantage of or used or whatever. Also I suppose that a strong preference for intelligent men, coupled with a lack of interest in drunken fumbling with strangers, protects one from such cads to some extent.

There definitely are a small group of idiots on TSR with that attitude. Hopefully they'll grow out of it. Or people will have the good sense not to have sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    I can't respect girls any less than I already do, so no.

ReputationRep:
    I presume this applies a lot more to casual sex, so I can't speak from experience, but I've never understood the whole absurd split in attitudes towards men having sex and women having sex so I can't see me losing respect for a girl I've slept with unless I thought we'd done something shameful, in which case I would also lose some respect for myself. I don't think of sex as something that men are supposed to chase and should be proud of, but something women should avoid and feel guilty about; as far as I'm concerned, sex is just sex and there's nothing degrading about it at all, so I don't see how I could lose respect for someone because of it.

ReputationRep:
    If you drop your drawers on the first date then I can't imagine that kind of behaviour commands respect. Then again, I'm quite fair in that I don't respect man-whores either, and I wouldn't want to go near one because god knows what kinds of STI's they're carrying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2008
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.