why is the 1980s 'the decade that refuses to die' Watch

=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 10 years ago
It's not the 80s in particular. We've got those hideous neon trainers of the 90s at the moment, tent-like tops that were popular in the 70s and shapeless dresses that were big in the 20s.

The 80s is definitely my favourite decade for music and fashion. People say that I'd think differently if I'd been there but they're wrong. :p:

If I'd been 8 when Adam Ant was at his most popular I'd wear that stripe. I'd wear ridiculous amounts of jewellery like Madonna and I'd dye a section of my hair like David Sylvian's.

Growing up in the 90s, I had to settle for playground Spice Girls tribute acts instead.
Mrgd291190
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's due to the fact that the Wiccan Coven on Great Britain performed spells to offer immortality to the 80s, so enamoured were they by the fashions of the era. However, the head Wiccan sneezed mid-spell and the spell only partially worked by making us relive the 80s every few years.

But seriously, the British, I think, have a huge love of cheese and kitsch. The 80s is the very embodiment of this idea.

And well done to death.drop for defending Rock! :bang:
(Rep coming soon)
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed