[Exam Jam] MATHS All Day Revision Thread - 31st May 2018

Watch
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago

Exam Jam Day 4 - Maths!

It's the fourth day of TSR's Exam Jam for the May Half Term 2018, and today the focus is on Maths!

Whether it's GCSE or A level you're studying for, this is the place to ask questions, get advice and tell us about how your revision is going!

For today, we'll be using this thread as an all day revision thread. The idea is that you post your start time, when you plan to finish your study session, and what you want to achieve in that time. Once the time's up, you can come back, tell everyone how you got on and take a well earned break!

We won't be running sessions at set times, so you can structure your study day to whatever works best for you, and though it's an all day revision thread, there's no expectation to study all day. It's important to make sure you are taking breaks and enjoying some of the nice weather too, since it is a holiday after all :woo:

If you get stuck with a past paper question when you're revising, or there's that one topic you really just can't get your head around, you can post your questions in this thread for other students to answer Explaining things to others can be really beneficial to your own understanding too

Check out some other helpful threads for today's Maths Exam Jam:
GCSE Maths Revision 'Topic a Day'
Grade 9 Maths Paper GCSE
GCSE 9-1 Maths (Higher) Checklist
AQA Predicted GCSE Topics
Edexcel Predicted GCSE Topics
2018 C3 Questions Thread
Old specification Edexcel past papers (inc. Soloman papers)
Fun areas of maths

Exam Jam Schedule and Helpful Resources List

Key Dates:
Find Your Maths Exam - Exam Directory 2018
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:woo:Got an A at A Level last year if anyone wants any help/advice.
4D Chess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am mathematical
I am a cat

???????

I am a mathematicat :cool:
ben288888
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i dont know why im so bad at s1, feels like it shld be easy, im alright at other modules, any tips? exam is on wednesday
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
maths:woo::rave::party:
4D Chess
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ben288888)
i dont know why im so bad at s1, feels like it shld be easy, im alright at other modules, any tips? exam is on wednesday
S1 notes (Edexcel)

http://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/...S1%20Notes.pdf

Although it occasionally uses some unnecessary notation, formulae.
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:woo: Once I get up (yes I am that lazy) then I have the joys of an algebraic fractions worksheet to do :yawn: Perhaps I should teach my 10 year old brother to do them for me
MR1999
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I felt the same way for a really long time (although it was for a uni stats module). What I found really helped was spending time looking over notes in detail to make sure I understood them properly. I think stats is very different from other parts of maths and just doing practice questions doesn't always. Try to go over the book slowly and make notes as well to help you remember the content.
Zaspo
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OK for maths gcse help for paper 2 and 3 everyone

Links for practising paper 2 and 3 revision:
https://corbettmaths.com/2018/05/25/...d-3-june-2018/
https://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/predictedpapers.html

Past papers:
https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/gcse-maths-edexcel.html

Anyother help required just ask.
ben288888
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when finding the median for some data how do u know when to do n+1/2 or n/2 (S1)
Mehru1214
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, if help is needed, just ask, normal GCSE or Further Maths GCSE, any exam board.
Mehru1214
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
when finding the median for some data how do u know when to do n+1/2 or n/2 (S1)
I think it's always (n + 1)/2
DeepInTheMeadow
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wish I'd found this earlier, I've been procrastinating like crazy today!
Buut I've finished running through every single Pure Maths mixed exercise that I have in our textbook, so that's good! Now I've made a list of all the sub topics (32 of them) that I hate the most, and don't understand as well as I should, and am doing half an hour on each of them before my exam on Wednesday + many many past papers!
4D Chess
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
:tumble::cry2:
TheYearNiner
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
:woo:Got an A at A Level last year if anyone wants any help/advice.
I'm a bit late but do you have any resources for S1 AQA and AQA C4 Vectors and differential equations because idk how to do vectors and I got less than 30 days left!!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by TheYearNiner)
I'm a bit late but do you have any resources for S1 AQA and AQA C4 Vectors and differential equations because idk how to do vectors and I got less than 30 days left!!
Notnek, made a thread for this very purpose.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4620278
kayapatelx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm in the year below, so new spec but is S1 the wordy part of stats or like hypothesis testing/binomial distribution? I usually try to get someone to explain tough questions to me so I understand the concept and that there's often a way to do certain types of questions e.g. in mechanics with pulley questions, you usually have to find the acceleration first and then when one hits the floor at a certain speed, etc. Get it? It's like there are systems for different kinds of questions...it helps me anyways to learn a difficult example and then apply it to different questions. AND NOT FORGETTING DOING PAST PAPER QUESTIONS OF COUUUUURSE! good luck though!! I'm sure you'll do fine xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (62)
17.32%
No one else does (115)
32.12%
I'm embarrassed about my background (38)
10.61%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (122)
34.08%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.68%
I don't have a camera (8)
2.23%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.96%

Watched Threads