The Student Room Group

Spreading Out A levels

I am taking CIE A levels and I have three options of dates - October, March and May. I was planning to spread out A levels instead of doing it all at once. So, I will take unrelated A levels separately and related A levels together. Like,

Chemistry: October
Physics: March
Maths, further maths: May

Is this a good idea? Do Imperial/Cambridge care?

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by esrever
I am taking CIE A levels and I have three options of dates - October, March and May. I was planning to spread out A levels instead of doing it all at once. So, I will take unrelated A levels separately and related A levels together. Like,

Chemistry: October
Physics: March
Maths, further maths: May

Is this a good idea? Do Imperial/Cambridge care?

Spoiler

So long as they are all taken within 2 academic years it's fine.
Reply 2
Thank you so much :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by esrever
Thank you so much :smile:

Hmm... Cambridge does say:
"Where students are successfully taking qualifications early, we'd still want to see evidence that they can cope with a workload equivalent to three A Levels taken simultaneously; and offers are normally made on the qualifications being taken in Year 13 (or equivalent). "
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/find-out-more/faq#accordion_field_collection_view-default-3

Perhaps @Peterhouse Admissions can confirm if your exam timetable is ok.
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Hmm... Cambridge does say:
"Where students are successfully taking qualifications early, we'd still want to see evidence that they can cope with a workload equivalent to three A Levels taken simultaneously; and offers are normally made on the qualifications being taken in Year 13 (or equivalent). "
https://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/find-out-more/faq#accordion_field_collection_view-default-3

Perhaps @Peterhouse Admissions can confirm if your exam timetable is ok.

Oh in that case, I would try this schedule

October: chemistry
May: maths, further maths and physics

Maths has many mechanics modulus anyways
Original post by esrever
Oh in that case, I would try this schedule

October: chemistry
May: maths, further maths and physics

Maths has many mechanics modulus anyways

That should be fine. The thing to look out for is that if you take an exam in the October you apply, then it will be too late to be factored into any decisions and any offer will be on your remaining exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending