Turn on thread page Beta

Multiple exams on the same day. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clefeen)
    Least you can celebrate after.

Are they your last exams?
    oh yea im definitly celebrating after, and i have my first driving lesson tomorow

nope, its like the start of my exams basically.

I am not looking forward to the 23rd May.

I have 7 hours of exams in the same day:

AS Philosophy
    PLY1 [Epistemology]
    PLY2 [Plato]
    PLY3 [Ethics]

AS Law
    Module 2 [English Legal System]

AS Politics
    Module 2 [The Constitution]
    Module 3 [Change in the UK]

I have to be isolated in 'Meeting Room 2' by myself with an invigilator all day doing nothing but exams. I could have stayed with a teacher but that would have been so awkward.

What really annoys me is that it's obvious there has been no discussion between exam boards because nearly everyone in my Philosophy set has a clash with Law or Politics and the three subjects are so similar.

ReputationRep:
    I top!

I have 6 exams on one day.

Its tuesday 3rd june, I have 3 hours of Biology, and then 3 hours of religious studies. Im going to be going until 5 ish!
    Thats if i get half an hour break.

Can i apply for special consideration? im going to be writing non stop for 6 hours, wth only less than 5 minutes break inbetween, and then around 20 minutes lunch on top of that.

Its rediculouse how they spaced these exams out, i have my major ones all on three days, the 2nd,3rd and 4th, and then its all over, 11 exams over 3 days?! wth?! seriously?!

I feel retakes coming on!!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Mericity)
    I top!

I have 6 exams on one day.

Its tuesday 3rd june, I have 3 hours of Biology, and then 3 hours of religious studies. Im going to be going until 5 ish!
    Thats if i get half an hour break.

Can i apply for special consideration? im going to be writing non stop for 6 hours, wth only less than 5 minutes break inbetween, and then around 20 minutes lunch on top of that.

Its rediculouse how they spaced these exams out, i have my major ones all on three days, the 2nd,3rd and 4th, and then its all over, 11 exams over 3 days?! wth?! seriously?!

I feel retakes coming on!!!
    If it is 6 hours of exams exactly you can't apply for special consideration - sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

I if it is more than 6 hours which from you post i don't think it is, you could apply for special consideration but that would only apply to the last exam that you sit in the day and you only get 2-3% added on so you have to get an A to get 2 or 3 marks added on

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the clarification

Oh well, guess I need to revise then. (lol joking! i mean...not...but...yeah...)

ReputationRep:
    I've got 2 economics papers then 3 drama papers all on the same day!
    The only a levels i do which involve exams during study leave and there both on the same day!

And that's it. I've done all my exams. It was horrible and stressful but it is now done. Exams are out of here!

I had a lovely invigilator and we sat and drunk tea and talked during the breaks (even if she did read the Daily Mail).

I also finnished the exams when I was finnished which was half way through for most of them so it didn't last for half the time.

ReputationRep:
    thats where the whole exam system is soo bad.

how can it be fair for some people to have nicely spaced out exams with 3 or 4 days in between, and others who have all of their exams over 2 days!!

its sooooooo stupid.
    i had all mine this year before my study leave had even begun, which now means i have 3 weeks off with nothing to do! not complaining thoo...

ReputationRep:
    i just finished today my 6 hours of exams. from 9 in the mornin to 4-50ish.

wow. my hand hurts, and my last exam i will be surprised if i dont get 0 marks, i bet the hand writing is so mashed up you cant even read it.

never again will i want to do that, its too stressing, im surprised i didnt go completly insane (i did that the night before)

ReputationRep:
    Well done, I'm sure you did fine

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.