Woman refused to get off the toilet for 2 years Watch

britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can just see Andrex toilet rolls wanting her to front their new advertising campaign now
Mr. Ed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jarve99)
Someone should have put a bullet to her head. Refusing medics help and would prefer to live on a toilet? What a retarded person. If that was my girlfriend I'd pulled her off the toilet and thrown her out.
I agree, all mentally ill people should definately be culled.
cucumber sandwich
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Shouldn't this be a Guinness Record or something?
punktopia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Only in America.
missygeorgia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Ed)
I agree, all mentally ill people should definately be culled.

Exactly, give her a break people, she's clearly incredibly unstable.
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by missygeorgia)
Exactly, give her a break people, she's clearly incredibly unstable.
sounds a bit potty to me (I'll get my coat)
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reminds me of the story of 'Genie' -Susan Wiley, the 'feral' child who was tied to a child's potty for nearly thirteen years. She was dicovered by American authorities who claimed she had been born to 'unstable parents' -who had 'subjected her to severe confinement and ritual ill-treatment in an attempt to protect her.'

So sad!
mariad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had to read this story three times before I actually accepted that I had read it correctly. Why did no-one wonder where she was for those two years?
evil groove
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nutter.
Tut.exe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amy.dd)
Definately, if it was the bedroom she would of had to pee/poo into a box. She probably could of showered whilst on the toilet too. If her boyfriend was bringing food there she could of done the washing up if the sink was close enough etc.

Must of got well bored though.
she couldve stayed in house and roam around not just in the toilet -.-
amy.dd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by iCeCream)
she couldve stayed in house and roam around not just in the toilet -.-
Come on, lets not go crazy... the whole house? Maybe restrict it to one room.
The whole house is just going too far!
xximstrongerthanthatxx
Report 10 years ago
I think the question we need to ponder is that this woman was a mans girlfriend..probably sexually actives, so...how did that happen?? sex wise
LawYah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
she got more ass than a toilet seat.
Tut.exe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amy.dd)
Come on, lets not go crazy... the whole house? Maybe restrict it to one room.
The whole house is just going too far!
why is it? i mean sex in the toilet for 2 years is boring. (thats if they managed)
Archibald246
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
2 years! i just can't get over the length of it... That's like the whole time i've spent in sixth form... Think of what she could have done in that time...
plopSDCSDC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
nah! and i thought i get really bored....rofl
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Urban Dervish)
Reminds me of the story of 'Genie' -Susan Wiley, the 'feral' child who was tied to a child's potty for nearly thirteen years. She was dicovered by American authorities who claimed she had been born to 'unstable parents' -who had 'subjected her to severe confinement and ritual ill-treatment in an attempt to protect her.'

So sad!
Yeah I had to do a study about her, and how it was as close as we'd ever get to understanding what would happen if we never gave a child contact. I must say it was very, very disturbing.
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bubblebee)
Yeah I had to do a study about her, and how it was as close as we'd ever get to understanding what would happen if we never gave a child contact. I must say it was very, very disturbing.
Me too! I studied, as part of my first degree -Child Language Acquisition [Linguistics] and Cognitive Psychology.

I was, from the first instance I read about 'Genie' convinced that she was simply unable to acquire language fully. There were too many contradictions - the Genie case was, imo, more of a 'celebrity' case than anything.

The following article was published by Dr Peter Jones -one of my former lecturers: Contradictions And Unanswered Questions In The Genie Case: A Fresh Look At The Linguistic Evidence.
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
OMG I used that article as part of my background reading. It was one of my more interesting moduals I must say, I've always found the way we learn language very interesting.
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whoa! Maybe some 'psychic' stirrings? :p:

It seems I've leaped readily into the arms of a mystic realm in the same way the scientific community leaped to the conclusion of a 'scientific break through' in the 'Genie' case -- there's a fine boundary!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (64)
29.63%
No - I got the required grades (123)
56.94%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (29)
13.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise