Turn on thread page Beta

AQA A-Level Sociology 2018 Predictions watch

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if anyone has any predictions for all 3 papers on 5th June, 13th June and 15th June. The topics I am studying are:

1) Education & Methods in Context
    2) Health & The Media
    3) Crime and Deviance & Theory and Methods

I’m hearing the 30 marker for Education is most likely to be on ethnic differences or class differences, is this fairly correct?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If anyone has anything pls say sooo

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing beliefs and family for paper 2 instead

ReputationRep:
    My media teacher reckons that new media (topic 6) could be the 20 marker, but I think it will be violence in the media!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmingCat)
    My media teacher reckons that new media (topic 6) could be the 20 marker, but I think it will be violence in the media!
    Thank you so much, atleast this will help me to focus more on certain topics!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaynah_02)
    Thank you so much, atleast this will help me to focus more on certain topics!!
    That's alright! I would imagine that topic 3 (presentation and selection of the news) will come up because it didn't appear in any of the questions last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharmingCat)
    That's alright! I would imagine that topic 3 (presentation and selection of the news) will come up because it didn't appear in any of the questions last year!
    That is true, I’m hoping that topic does come up because I find it one of the easier ones!!

ReputationRep:
    Ethnic differences is unlikely to come up because it was in the AS this year
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hey guys! I moved this thread over to the Sociology Forum for you, you should hopefully get more responses there! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VenusAderele)
    Yeah I’ve been hearing that alot, hopefully it’s correct haha, but it does look like social policy is quite likely for the 30 marker which is stressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VenusAderele)
    Hey what do you mean this year? Have AS exams already been sat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IslamF)
    Hey what do you mean this year? Have AS exams already been sat?
    They were sat in May

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaynah_02)
    They were sat in May
    does anyone know what else came up in the as paper this year?

ReputationRep:
    30 marker - Impact of globalisation on education policy, or marketisation and privatisation, or class differences.
    20 marker - documents, participant observation, unstructured interview.
    10 marker (education) - Gender, Functionalism, Marxism, External factors --> w/c under achievement (if the 30 mark is not on class differences)
    10 marker (methods) - ?????
    These are just predictions of mine however...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cereidee)
    30 marker - Impact of globalisation on education policy, or marketisation and privatisation, or class differences.
    20 marker - documents, participant observation, unstructured interview.
    10 marker (education) - Gender, Functionalism, Marxism, External factors --> w/c under achievement (if the 30 mark is not on class differences)
    10 marker (methods) - ?????
    These are just predictions of mine however...
    Do you think documents is a possibility for the 20 marker because last year the 10 marker for methods was on documents?

ReputationRep:
    my teacher said for families to make sure to go over topic 6 and 7 as they haven't come up in past exams yet so high chance of it being one of the longer questions

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the long question for education is most likely going to be to do with class instead of gender or ethnicity as gender was last year's paper and ethnicity was this year's AS paper, so high chance of class differences in achievement being a big part of the paper

ReputationRep:
    Didn't class come up for the 2016 AS paper (20 marker)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caspD)
    Hey, the long question for education is most likely going to be to do with class instead of gender or ethnicity as gender was last year's paper and ethnicity was this year's AS paper, so high chance of class differences in achievement being a big part of the paper
    Hey didn't class come up for the 2016 AS paper ? (20 marker)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caspD)
    my teacher said for families to make sure to go over topic 6 and 7 as they haven't come up in past exams yet so high chance of it being one of the longer questions
    FFS they're like the worst topics

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 5, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.