The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Enquiry- LSE Postgraduate

Hello,

I looking forward to apply LSE MSc Management of Information Systems and Digital Innovation next year.
Appreciated if someone able to provide advice on applying this course.

I have graduated 4 years back from Sunderland with a 2:1
undergraduate degree in business and management. Currently working in a MNC and job role related to technical information (SAP system).

Below are some of my doubts.
-Does LSE only accept candidates with 1st class ?
-Does LSE accept candidates from a lower tier UK university ?
-Does my background suitable to apply for this course?
-With my average result from a low ranking university should I try to apply this course? or should I apply for other universities in the UK?

Thanks.

Kevin
Reply 1
-Does LSE only accept candidates with 1st class ? No, if they say that they take 2.1's for your course, then they should be fine with that grade
-Does LSE accept candidates from a lower tier UK university? I wouldn't class my former uni as a 'prestigious' uni at all, so whilst I think they do take it into consideration, it isn't a large criteria for them
-Does my background suitable to apply for this course? I can't see why not, so long as you can explain how both your undergrad and work experience tie into this masters, and with your future career/academic development
-With my average result from a low ranking university should I try to apply this course? or should I apply for other universities in the UK? I think it would be wise to research more universities and apply to those too, especially as some universities don't have an application fee either, so there's nothing to lose. I do think that LSE's application fee is pretty steep, but if you are seriously considering LSE and really try to write a great personal statement (and apply early!!), then you should have a fair shot at getting an offer.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Franas
-Does LSE only accept candidates with 1st class ? No, if they say that they take 2.1's for your course, then they should be fine with that grade
-Does LSE accept candidates from a lower tier UK university? I wouldn't class my former uni as a 'prestigious' uni at all, so whilst I think they do take it into consideration, it isn't a large criteria for them
-Does my background suitable to apply for this course? I can't see why not, so long as you can explain how both your undergrad and work experience tie into this masters, and with your future career/academic development
-With my average result from a low ranking university should I try to apply this course? or should I apply for other universities in the UK? I think it would be wise to research more universities and apply to those too, especially as some universities don't have an application fee either, so there's nothing to lose. I do think that LSE's application fee is pretty steep, but if you are seriously considering LSE and really try to write a great personal statement (and apply early!!), then you should have a fair shot at getting an offer.

Hi Franas,

Appreciated your reply and advice given.

Thank you.

Regards,
Kevin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending