Why do we make such a big deal about virginity? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Why do people make such a big deal about virginity? Such as staying pure until marriage, if you don't you have sinned and you must confess? Or people won't want to be with you if you're not a virgin or men will treat you like trash.
Unconsidered
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I mean we really do be living in a society
MuslimMuslim
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why do people make such a big deal about virginity? Such as staying pure until marriage, if you don't you have sinned and you must confess? Or people won't want to be with you if you're not a virgin or men will treat you like trash.
YOU MUST BE VIRGIN OR U FILTHY IMPURE HELL. Stupids.
sinfonietta
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I've only really seen the extremely religious and teenagers worry about remaining chaste and being judgemental toward those who choose to have sex. By the time people hit late teens or their 20s their views tend to relax more and don't really care.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
lauracat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Virginity isn’t an object therefore you cannot lose it or take it. You never even had it in the first place and neither did the person that is judging you on it. You’re upset about ‘nothing’. Literally.
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by lauracat)
Virginity isn’t an object therefore you cannot lose it or take it. You never even had it in the first place and neither did the person that is judging you on it. You’re upset about ‘nothing’. Literally.
This person is woke
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
wait we do
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by lauracat)
Hello there Alex Jones
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
I'd imagine because it's quite a dramatic event in someone's life. Id at least want to give the girl the best, most comforting experience possible as it is a key point in their life. We are on the planet to reproduce, it makes sense for our primary purpose to be considered important throughout the species.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (131)
18.04%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.06%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (126)
17.36%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (105)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (221)
30.44%

Watched Threads