The Student Room Group

Failing

Anyone else feel alone and lonely? I have no friends and no one to hang around, I do have 1 friend from college but we don't talk a lot and haven't started meeting up outside of college yet but making plans to, I recently lost my best friend and a guy I was talking to and they were my only friends, I was fine with that but now I have no one really, I seem to ruin all my friendships and relationships without meaning too, I know I'm not completely to blame as I've got involved with the wrong people and some people who just decided they wanted to use me for a bit to hang around with then just stop talking for no reason which also recently happened, I didn't really make any friends in college, they're all going to a party and didn't even invite me which hurt cause I feel like no one including family don't want me around, just makes me wonder why I still live apart from my pets who I am very close to and make me realise they're the only ones who want me around.

I don't have much hope for anything anymore, I was hoping to go to uni one day but I have no GCSE passes, I got bad grades, a few Us, D's, Fs and Es.*
I'm doing level 1 functional skills but doing badly at maths, English I'm fine with. I was hoping to go to uni one day and study Pyschology or criminology or both.

I'm just so sick of my bad mental health, loneliness, comparing myself to others, depression, anxiety, jealousy and anger - I have no learning difficulties but my mental health has had a negative effect on my education and holds me back rather than anything else, I've been told I'm capable of doing well but I don't always see or believe it, I just want to have friends, be happy, be in a relationship, have a job which I'm struggling to get, eventually travel, have an apartment and car and these are all out of reach atm, it's so hard to concentrate on education when you have 0 friends and that plays on your mind.*

What do I do?*

I also have barely any work experience, no one will even give me an interview, I'm not from a rich or middle class family, we don't have loads of money, enough to go on days out and holidays and things like that but not enough for me to be constantly asking for money, I'm 18 and want my own money and things.
I'm friendly
So feel free to PM me
I can help you with the maths
Do you have any cats?
I'll be your friend
Right 'till the end,
I don't care if you drive me round the bend.
We can talk,
I'll give you support,
What shall we do?
Well, that is up to you.
I've already seen your other thread, and honestly if you need to vent or something, feel free to PM me ok? Is there anyone else you can talk to? It's not healthy bottling it all up :/
I'm very sorry to hear this.

Retake your GCSEs at evening courses at college or you could study them at home.

You could study a BTEC, access to HE or with the Open University.

Your first point of call is to visit your local GP and they may refer you to a therapist to sort out your anxiety and depression.

Get a part time job, local at your local express and star, join job agencies, look online for waiter jobs etc.

If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me.
Reply 4
Original post by sok.cho
I've already seen your other thread, and honestly if you need to vent or something, feel free to PM me ok? Is there anyone else you can talk to? It's not healthy bottling it all up :/

Not really - my main problems are I really wanna go to uni but worried about my bad grades and how long it'll take me to even get the grades I need and trying to get accepted into a uni and then worrying about having no friends atm
Reply 5
Original post by Baza2002
I'm friendly
So feel free to PM me
I can help you with the maths
Do you have any cats?
I'll be your friend
Right 'till the end,
I don't care if you drive me round the bend.
We can talk,
I'll give you support,
What shall we do?
Well, that is up to you.

I have 3 cats and thank you. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Analyst89
I'm very sorry to hear this.

Retake your GCSEs at evening courses at college or you could study them at home.

You could study a BTEC, access to HE or with the Open University.

Your first point of call is to visit your local GP and they may refer you to a therapist to sort out your anxiety and depression.

Get a part time job, local at your local express and star, join job agencies, look online for waiter jobs etc.

If you ever need to talk feel free to PM me.

I'm just worried it'll take me forever to get into uni
Original post by Sophillla
Anyone else feel alone and lonely? I have no friends and no one to hang around, I do have 1 friend from college but we don't talk a lot and haven't started meeting up outside of college yet but making plans to, I recently lost my best friend and a guy I was talking to and they were my only friends, I was fine with that but now I have no one really, I seem to ruin all my friendships and relationships without meaning too, I know I'm not completely to blame as I've got involved with the wrong people and some people who just decided they wanted to use me for a bit to hang around with then just stop talking for no reason which also recently happened, I didn't really make any friends in college, they're all going to a party and didn't even invite me which hurt cause I feel like no one including family don't want me around, just makes me wonder why I still live apart from my pets who I am very close to and make me realise they're the only ones who want me around.

I don't have much hope for anything anymore, I was hoping to go to uni one day but I have no GCSE passes, I got bad grades, a few Us, D's, Fs and Es.*
I'm doing level 1 functional skills but doing badly at maths, English I'm fine with. I was hoping to go to uni one day and study Pyschology or criminology or both.

I'm just so sick of my bad mental health, loneliness, comparing myself to others, depression, anxiety, jealousy and anger - I have no learning difficulties but my mental health has had a negative effect on my education and holds me back rather than anything else, I've been told I'm capable of doing well but I don't always see or believe it, I just want to have friends, be happy, be in a relationship, have a job which I'm struggling to get, eventually travel, have an apartment and car and these are all out of reach atm, it's so hard to concentrate on education when you have 0 friends and that plays on your mind.*

What do I do?*

I also have barely any work experience, no one will even give me an interview, I'm not from a rich or middle class family, we don't have loads of money, enough to go on days out and holidays and things like that but not enough for me to be constantly asking for money, I'm 18 and want my own money and things.

I felt the same way about 2 years ago. The best thing to do is get involved in things, find a focus and pursue it.

Like the other posters here I don’t mind if you wanna PM me
Reply 8
Original post by Kaffee_1998
I felt the same way about 2 years ago. The best thing to do is get involved in things, find a focus and pursue it.

Like the other posters here I don’t mind if you wanna PM me

How are things for you now?
I'm just worried it'll take me forever to get into uni

You can study a degree with the Open University, their entry requirements are very flexible.
Reply 10
You can study a degree with the Open University, their entry requirements are very flexible.

I don't wanna do that & if I did I have no chance of making friends
I don't wanna do that & if I did I have no chance of making friends

Take steps into getting to uni.

Build your qualifications up, do an access to he course at your local college, you can make friends there and also when you go to uni.
Reply 12
Take steps into getting to uni.

Build your qualifications up, do an access to he course at your local college, you can make friends there and also when you go to uni.

Hopefully I'll have everything I want 1 day
How are things for you now?

Doing alright. Got a apprenticeship and continuing my studies. Enjoying my free time as much as possible.

You may feel bleak now but if you find a something to focus on everything else will fall into place. Nothing is a disaster unless you make it so.
Reply 14

What do I do?*

I would look into getting a mental health screening first and foremost! If you're feeling low and depressed or anxious then this will negatively affect every aspect of your life, so once you get on the right track mentally then everything else will start to get a lot easier. Hope this helps :smile: x
Reply 15
Original post by Emi_x
I would look into getting a mental health screening first and foremost! If you're feeling low and depressed or anxious then this will negatively affect every aspect of your life, so once you get on the right track mentally then everything else will start to get a lot easier. Hope this helps :smile: x

If I had friends, boyfriend and money my mental health wouldn't be a problem
Reply 16
If I had friends, boyfriend and money my mental health wouldn't be a problem

It's true that all of those things might make you happier, but without having good mental health it's much, much harder to be able to obtain any of them. You described feeling depression, anxiety, jealousy and anger and it sounds like your self esteem has taken quite a hit. This isn't your fault! But it will only fuel your isolation if you don't get help for it. Please consider this. It's great that you're making plans to meet up outside of college with your friend, keep trying to make connections like this, and if your friend has other friends why not ask them to come along too and then you can try to make friends with them and increase your circle! I believe in you x

Quick Reply

Latest