The Student Room Group

Uni

I think I’m going to get 2 Es and an C at A levels I have a unconditional offer at uni can they take it off me??? And after doing my english degree will I be able to become a teacher with those grades and a degree :frown:
Hi,

Once you’ve been given an offer. They can not revoke that offer and so you will still hold a place at the university. Given that you have an unconditional offer, that means you’ll have a place at the university without any restrictions (e.g you don’t need specific grades to hold a place). Therefore, this means you’ll still have a place at the university.

In terms of if you’ll be able to get a job as a teacher afterwards. That is something you will have to look at for the criteria the job is asking. From my own personal experience I have not come across a job that has asked me for my A level grades or even considered them. They have only looked at my degree and what I achieved during that. However, that may not be the case for all jobs and you will need to enquire if they do not specify. But on the most part there shouldn’t be too many worries.

Maybe it might help if you have a look at this before going off to university. Look at the jobs you’d possibly like to apply for once completing your degree and see what their requirements are. If they don’t specify, maybe calling them up and discussing this with them may help.

I hope that helps! Good luck! 😃
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending