Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah matalan as cool as long as you like having to re-stretch your clothes after every washing but Asda are awesome for studenty priced clothes. Havent got one near me though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake22)
    Thats true about Topman, their sizes are particularly small compared to other high street stores. I really don't know who their extra-small sizes cater too, you would probably have to be under 8 stone to fit into them. I have seen larger size jeans in there though, I take a 32 inch waist and found loads of choice in there.

I wear extra-small/small clothes from Topman, and they're fine. I'm not exactly a midget either.... 5"6/7 and 28-30 in waist, sometimes wear 32 inch jeans though. I don't weigh under 8 stone, I'm like 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jake22)
    Thats true about Topman, their sizes are particularly small compared to other high street stores. I really don't know who their extra-small sizes cater too, you would probably have to be under 8 stone to fit into them. I have seen larger size jeans in there though, I take a 32 inch waist and found loads of choice in there.

Well, i for one have to buy the extra-small size. i'm just under 10 stone, 5"9, and not that skinny. which is why i'm suprised that many more shops don't stock clothes for this size as i'd consider myself pretty average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion_sails_on_course)
    Well, i for one have to buy the extra-small size. i'm just under 10 stone, 5"9, and not that skinny. which is why i'm suprised that many more shops don't stock clothes for this size as i'd consider myself pretty average
    It depends on age as well I guess but I imagine that some of their extra small t-shirts must be around 34-36 inch chest sizes (and fairly close fitting at that) which would be considered quite small for a fully grown man.

ReputationRep:
    i think bigger guys are better, in my opinion ofcourse lol....so 38 waist is good!

ReputationRep:
    36-38 chest (maybe smaller)
    Thats madness! A size 38 chest is 'Small' by most shops sizes. A 36 is pretty much a childrens size. I'm a 30/32 waist, 38/40 inch chest, 5' 11" and size 9 shoes. I'm pretty much Mr Average. A medium from most any shop.

Damn, I thought it was nice to be 'proportioned' but actually all that just makes me Mr Dull Body.

Better lard up then
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I had no idea about guys sizes 'til recently, when I realised they're a bit all over the place. Quite a few of the guys I know who are anything but "large" wear that clothing size. I guess a lot of it depends on height, build and such.

So, like most things, there's no standard "perfect" size...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiceCupOfTea)
    Thats madness! A size 38 chest is 'Small' by most shops sizes. A 36 is pretty much a childrens size. I'm a 30/32 waist, 38/40 inch chest, 5' 11" and size 9 shoes. I'm pretty much Mr Average. A medium from most any shop.
    Yeah, I would say that the average guy would be about 5'10" with 40" chest, 32"-34" waist and size 9 shoes.

I guess the thing with Topman is that they cater to quite a young market and guys don't always tend to fill out until their mid-twenties in which case there will be a lot of fairly skinny looking eighteen year old guys.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everyone I've ever met except my very tall guy friends is a medium.

ReputationRep:
    6' 36" chest 32" waist size 10 shoes

ReputationRep:
    i'm 6' 3" 32 waist and 34 chest *wonders what type i fit into :-s*

ReputationRep:
    i'm genuinely struggling, actually trying my best to care about the "perfect size" for guys but really not caring at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by albion_sails_on_course)
    the sizes in topman are a lot more about fashion and catering to a certain look than they are about being meant to fit you.

I think most boys can probably just wear a medium in anything but if you're going for a certain look you'd probably choose an extra small t shirt for the style and look over a medium.

ReputationRep:
    as long as they're bigger than the girl they're dating...

call me old fashioned, but I still think men should be there to stand up for you (or at least look like they might)....

i think average is best... 5'10-6' a tad muscular????

is this a guy's thread?
    woops.

x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i am a duck)
    the sizes in topman are a lot more about fashion and catering to a certain look than they are about being meant to fit you.

I think most boys can probably just wear a medium in anything but if you're going for a certain look you'd probably choose an extra small t shirt for the style and look over a medium.

ha, i look ridiculous in a medium size t-shirt,i go for an extra-small because that is what fits me on the shoulders

ReputationRep:
    exacto, guys have a lot more choice with sizes so the idea of a perfect/ideal male size in the way that girls aspire to one size is just stupid

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.