Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me in regards to the optional modules for Biology A2 AQA? I'm a private candidate, so I don't have any tutorial support.

Basically, I'm unsure as to what the optional modules comprise - is there any information in them that's not in the previous modules, or is it ALL new material that I'm supposed to learn myself?

I've chosen option 8 if that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkeyspearfish12)
    Can anyone help me in regards to the optional modules for Biology A2 AQA? I'm a private candidate, so I don't have any tutorial support.

Basically, I'm unsure as to what the optional modules comprise - is there any information in them that's not in the previous modules, or is it ALL new material that I'm supposed to learn myself?

I've chosen option 8 if that helps!

Hey! Are you doing AQA B? If so, our teachers have advised us to do the environmental modules, BYB5&6 (i think thats right), because there is a lot of crossover with material from previous units. Also, there is a large section on ways of capturing animals, measuring shore profiles etc, which many people have already done in coursework- so again crossing over material! Hope this helps a lil bit

ReputationRep:
    I hated ecology so that one went out of the window straight away for me!

I did the microbes and disease module (7 I think). Found that quite interesting and gives me a good grounding into my pathology course at uni too.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that - so I take it almost all the info in the optional modules is "new" but has some of the principle ideas from previous modules?

ReputationRep:
    go on the aqa website, get a specification. itl outline what u need to learn

ReputationRep:
    I hate ecology, and we're doing Microbes and Disease, which is quite good, but Reproduction looks quite interesting if you're interested in that.

ReputationRep:
    Hia im just doing my A2 in biology at the moment and you have to learn all the new material for that module but then there are are synoptic questions which have an S next to the question number which are asking you about what you have learnt in previous modules, for example on enzymes. There is also a synoptic essay which i am doing at the end of the micorbes and diseases module which i think you can pick from a few options an the practice one i had was on the properties and importance of enzymes in plants and animals. If you are doing AQA then you can get lots of past papers on their website under assessment material on A2 biology but you will be able 2 get them for other exam boards too if you are doing somthing else. As for which to choose i have got my highest mark so far on the ecology module whichis module 5! hope that helps a bit! xxxxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2008

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.