Should I hate posh people? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I go to a school with quite a number of poshos and I hate posh people. I'm not even poor so I don't resent them, but I still hate them. Even the ones i quite like, i still privately despise. Their stupid plummy voices especially.
I especially hate the ones who try to act like they're not posh. They fool no one.
So, do many of you feel the same way? Do you think it's unreasonable?
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I go to a school with quite a number of poshos and I hate posh people. I'm not even poor so I don't resent them, but I still hate them. Even the ones i quite like, i still privately despise. Their stupid plummy voices especially.
I especially hate the ones who try to act like they're not posh. They fool no one.
Yes it is unreasonable to hate a group of people in such a generalised way for something most likely out of their control.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
That weird guy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Voted Tory twice. :awesome:
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I love posh horsey girls, a lot of them have sexy voices and the ones I've been with are proper naughty behind closed doors
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes that's unreasonable, I don't tend to assume to much about someone I don't know and 'hate' is a strong word.
Tizzytizzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes it’s unreasonable... kind of dumb actually. It’s not their fault for their upbringing, what matters is how they continue to live their own lives ...like any other individual.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hate is a strong word
Wolfram Alpha
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Hate is a strong word
Maybe that's why OP used it
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report 1 year ago
Nah, only hate them if they happen to be Tories.
Know Your Enemy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unless they're also snobby then yes, it's unreasonable to hate them for being posh.
PrazzPrazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
are you from america? are you feeling it from the accent or sumthing
username3867674
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As the left always says (but abandons when it suits); 'Love trumps hate'.

You're being prejudiced, period. My two favourite college comrades were privately educated (one in the states, the other in a French chateau!) and they're the most switched on, engaged, non-judgmental of the bunch.

If someone said the same to you, but said it of hindus, black people or women, I imagine you would be appalled. So why do you give yourself a free pass when it comes to any other social group, I wonder? Because you think they're fair game on account of their parent's income or private wealth?

You never know, you might be missing out on the best people you've ever met...

Perhaps the ones who pretend not to be posh are trying to lower their below the parapet to avoid the kind of prejudicial treatment of this kind? Perhaps they're self-aware enough to know their parents wealth is not their achievement, so they're meekly trying to make their own humble mark on the world.

How about your place in the global community? Compared to street children in Mumbai, you're pretty posh yourself. Perhaps you could look a little wider for your context and find that they're not that different to you.
Quirky Object
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We're not that bad :cry:
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Judge based on the content of their character, not their money/background etc. But if they flexing the Gucci flip flops on you, they become an op
Aaronrj01
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hating any group because they fall into a category u have made is silly, by all means hate individuals, I go to private school and there are a lot of snobs etc. The majority however are just normal people who’s parents can afford it, not their fault. The ones I dislike more are those who rather than trying to downplay the fact they are posh instead make a point out of showing how much money they have st every opportunity, especially since I have two scholarships and a bursary to go there.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
hate seems a bit strong but do you "hate" people for their "plummy" accents or for their upbringing? i have a friend who lives in a posh town but she has a bit of a northern accent, which kinda shows that just because you live in a posh place doesn't make you a posh person.
UDZ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Jealousy.
Randyyy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I find it totally reasonable. Humans tend to hate on those in a better position than us.

I thought you said should i hate Polish people, was gonna whoop you
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Save time and assign everybody a bit of your hatred.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Satanclaus)
htt

ps://vocaroo.co

m/i/s1uWj0IdX4cW

[join the link together kids]

It's****ingWOODY do they sound as hot as me
Grandma!? Watcha doing here at 3 am:shock:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.02%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (38)
14.02%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
19.93%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (108)
39.85%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (15)
5.54%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.64%