Turn on thread page Beta

Oneflewovertcns Summer Bucket List 2K18! watch

ReputationRep:

A bit about me: 20, Scottish Law student at Edinburgh Uni, fitness instructor, currently sitting in my pjs with Netflix on one tab and TSR on another contemplating my existence and wishing I was doing something more productive. Hopefully this list will help me achieve that.

Expectation:
    - Do a whistle stop tour of all the train stations in Scotland (and keep you all updated by posting pictures of some picturesque scenery and my grotty face at pretty stations #trainnerd).
    - More specifically, the Fort William to Mallaig line (AKA the Harry Potter line).
    - Complete my online course on Maritime Law (because who doesn't love to learn about the rules of shipping transactions... I question my sanity sometimes).
    - Draw. Not everyday, but occasionally. Digitally or traditionally. After completing Higher Art and Design I feel out of love with drawing and want to use this summer as a chance to get back into it.
    - Go on a date. I am so damn single and it's mildly depressing loool.
    - Re-read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    - Read 'The Secret Barrister: Stories of the law and how it's broken'
    - Watch 13 Reasons Why Season 2
    - Watch 'Humans' on channel 4
    - Watch The Crown (I've been told it's very good but I'm not a fan of historical docu-dramas)
    - Become an elite fitness instructor for Les Mills (the fitness company I teach with). Yes, there is such a title (loool) and it requires a lot of dedication, self-assessment, and people willing to give up their time to participate in your extra filming prep sessions. Will post updates of my journey (including some grim, sweaty after shots of a class bahaha).
    - Play Mario Odyssey
    - Play The Last of Us
    - RE-Play Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. First played this when I wanted to be an engineer, little did I know I would end up being a Law student :lol:
    - Get into the front splits. Even if it breaks me.
    - Become a BodyCombat instructor. MMA to music baby!

Reality:

... But hopefully we can make that 50/50 and I actually complete at LEAST half of this bucket list! I'll attempt to keep myself accountable on this thread.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by oneflewovertcn)

A bit about me: 20, Scottish Law student at Edinburgh Uni, fitness instructor, currently sitting in my pjs with Netflix on one tab and TSR on another contemplating my existence and wishing I was doing something more productive. Hopefully this list will help me achieve that.

Expectation:
    - Do a whistle stop tour of all the train stations in Scotland (and keep you all updated by posting pictures of some picturesque scenery and my grotty face at pretty stations #trainnerd).
    - More specifically, the Fort William to Mallaig line (AKA the Harry Potter line).
    - Complete my online course on Maritime Law (because who doesn't love to learn about the rules of shipping transactions... I question my sanity sometimes).
    - Draw. Not everyday, but occasionally. Digitally or traditionally. After completing Higher Art and Design I feel out of love with drawing and want to use this summer as a chance to get back into it.
    - Go on a date. I am so damn single and it's mildly depressing loool.
    - Re-read One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    - Read 'The Secret Barrister: Stories of the law and how it's broken'
    - Watch 13 Reasons Why Season 2
    - Watch 'Humans' on channel 4
    - Watch The Crown (I've been told it's very good but I'm not a fan of historical docu-dramas)
    - Become an elite fitness instructor for Les Mills (the fitness company I teach with). Yes, there is such a title (loool) and it requires a lot of dedication, self-assessment, and people willing to give up their time to participate in your extra filming prep sessions. Will post updates of my journey (including some grim, sweaty after shots of a class bahaha).
    - Play Mario Odyssey
    - Play The Last of Us
    - RE-Play Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations. First played this when I wanted to be an engineer, little did I know I would end up being a Law student :lol:
    - Get into the front splits. Even if it breaks me.
    - Become a BodyCombat instructor. MMA to music baby!

Reality:

... But hopefully we can make that 50/50 and I actually complete at LEAST half of this bucket list! I'll attempt to keep myself accountable on this thread.
    Heyyyy! Your bucketlist sounds amaaaaazing!

I feel like you're my spirit animal - so many of these things I'm like yuuuuuus queen! Harry Potter railway line!? Is that the one with the crazy bridge through the super green hills? My parents stayed in some little cottage up there last year - so damn pretty! Also One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is amazing. I performed part of the script when I was in high school. Incredible.

But my fave bit is your Les Mills training goals! That's so damn cool! How long have you been teaching Les Mills for? I used to love doing combat (but my body hates the impact), but I do Balance, Grit and Shred every week. Love them. So addicted to Grit and Shred. I didn't realise there are different levels of Les Mills instructor though?

So how's it all going? I need a progress update!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlinkyBill)
    Heyyyy! Your bucketlist sounds amaaaaazing!

I feel like you're my spirit animal - so many of these things I'm like yuuuuuus queen! Harry Potter railway line!? Is that the one with the crazy bridge through the super green hills? My parents stayed in some little cottage up there last year - so damn pretty! Also One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest is amazing. I performed part of the script when I was in high school. Incredible.

But my fave bit is your Les Mills training goals! That's so damn cool! How long have you been teaching Les Mills for? I used to love doing combat (but my body hates the impact), but I do Balance, Grit and Shred every week. Love them. So addicted to Grit and Shred. I didn't realise there are different levels of Les Mills instructor though?

So how's it all going? I need a progress update!
    Omg we should just meet up and do this list - who doesn't love a few trains?! Going on the Harry Potter railway line in August, it's all booked - afternoon tea on the way out as well !
    As for the stations, I'm planning on a trip to Wemyss Bay next week when I have a full day off, the most beautiful station in the UK imo (I would put a picture in but I study copyright law and I morally can't haha). As for books, about halfway through Secret Barrister and am waiting until I go home to get my copy of One Flew Over for the train ride home (going up home via Aberdeen and back via Inverness/ Perth to get in some stations of course). Going to collect a few of the games I promised myself I would play as well.

Also you do Les Mills :beer:?! I got into Grit at the start of this year and although I feel like death within the first 5 minutes it has seriously made a difference to my fitness. Though I do love some Balance as well - just so happens that I was at a class early this morning.
    I've been teaching for about a year and a half, RPM and Pump - working on elite for RPM at the moment. Have filmed my classes a few times and have sent them off to people who are already elite to get some feedback as to what I can do. As for Combat, I've been doing it as a participant for over a year and have been getting technique advice the whole time, so I thought it's time to bite the bullet and do it myself!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Omg we should just meet up and do this list - who doesn't love a few trains?! Going on the Harry Potter railway line in August, it's all booked - afternoon tea on the way out as well !
    As for the stations, I'm planning on a trip to Wemyss Bay next week when I have a full day off, the most beautiful station in the UK imo (I would put a picture in but I study copyright law and I morally can't haha). As for books, about halfway through Secret Barrister and am waiting until I go home to get my copy of One Flew Over for the train ride home (going up home via Aberdeen and back via Inverness/ Perth to get in some stations of course). Going to collect a few of the games I promised myself I would play as well.

Also you do Les Mills :beer:?! I got into Grit at the start of this year and although I feel like death within the first 5 minutes it has seriously made a difference to my fitness. Though I do love some Balance as well - just so happens that I was at a class early this morning.
    I've been teaching for about a year and a half, RPM and Pump - working on elite for RPM at the moment. Have filmed my classes a few times and have sent them off to people who are already elite to get some feedback as to what I can do. As for Combat, I've been doing it as a participant for over a year and have been getting technique advice the whole time, so I thought it's time to bite the bullet and do it myself!
    Hehehe right!?

I love your train enthusiasm. That's awesome it's all booked! So nice to have something like that to look forward to. I'm excited to see all these photos (not copyrighted hehe) when you go there!

Holy moly, I absolutely die in RPM. It's so impressive that people can even do that, let alone be the instructor! lol. I do prefer classes where I can jump around a bit though, like Grit and Shred. I'm obsessed with getting my weights and reps up all the time. I get so competitive. That's awesome that you're going to add some more classes to your trainer repertoire!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    There's a Harry Potter train line!? I am highly envious of your bucket list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    There's a Harry Potter train line!? I am highly envious of your bucket list
    Yes! Fort William to Mallaig on the west coast of Scotland - it's absolutely stunning, right over the Glenfinnan Viaduct in the films. Plus you get afternoon tea if you book the right trains!
    Here's a beautiful picture (which I didn't take):
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Good luck with the drawing, is awesome you want to get back into it :pierre:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    Yes! Fort William to Mallaig on the west coast of Scotland - it's absolutely stunning, right over the Glenfinnan Viaduct in the films. Plus you get afternoon tea if you book the right trains!
    Here's a beautiful picture (which I didn't take):
    It looks amazing :love:

Have a fabulous time when you go

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.