The Student Room Group

IGCSE or Equivalency Testing?

I am applying for a degree in primary education with a qts and need to resit my science GCSE.
All of the universities I am applying to say they accept IGCSEs and equivalency tests, which do you think would be better?
I’m doing an IGCSE but if I fail, I’ll do an equivalency test. IGCSE had a lot of content (still have one exam to go) but I’m not sure how easy/hard the equivalency test is. I’m applying in 2019 for a PGCE. When are you applying? Do you have time to learn everything for the IGCSE?
Original post by Muserock
I’m doing an IGCSE but if I fail, I’ll do an equivalency test. IGCSE had a lot of content (still have one exam to go) but I’m not sure how easy/hard the equivalency test is. I’m applying in 2019 for a PGCE. When are you applying? Do you have time to learn everything for the IGCSE?

I'm applying for 2019 but haven't booked my exam yet, am booking it to be taken in 2019 and am putting my grade as pending on my application.

How are you finding the IGCSE? What science subject did you take? And can I ask why are you taking the exams already? Did you decide and book them months ago? i would have booked mine but left it too late as I had assignments etc
How long has it taken you to revise and learn all of the content?
There’s a lot of content but I gave myself time to learn it. I’m just doing biology which the uni that I want to apply for accepts. I did decide and book the exam months ago. I also wanted to give myself alternative options in case I didn’t get the C this time around (I’m also still doing my uni assignments too).
Original post by Muserock
There’s a lot of content but I gave myself time to learn it. I’m just doing biology which the uni that I want to apply for accepts. I did decide and book the exam months ago. I also wanted to give myself alternative options in case I didn’t get the C this time around (I’m also still doing my uni assignments too).

Fair enough. I'm booking my test in around January for exam season in 2019, and am going to start revising this year
I'm still not fully decided though on whether or not i want to do an IGCSE or an equivalency test as the unis i am applying for accept both

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending