A-level choices help

Watch this thread
loazing21
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i want to study medicine when im older and i definitely want to do biology for a-level but im not too sure what a-levels i should choose:
1.bio,chem,economics
2.bio,chem,maths
3.bio,maths,economics
f.y.i im like a A/B student with chem and a solid B student with maths right now at gcse's
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
biology and chemistry i'd do; do you enjoy maths?
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Do number 2.You need biology and chemistry for most medical schools,if you don't do chemistry you'll be limited to where you can apply for medicine.
loazing21
Rep:
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
biology and chemistry i'd do; do you enjoy maths?
no not really tbh
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
Do number 2.You need biology and chemistry for most medical schools,if you don't do chemistry you'll be limited to where you can apply for medicine.
(Original post by kunsang21)
no not really tbh
Any combination involving Biology and Chemistry is fine. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It'd be better if you got A*A*A in Bio, Chem, and some other sub you genuinely enjoy than A*A*B in the same with Maths, espcially if OP doesn't like maths. And no there is no secret requirement for Maths.
loazing21
Rep:
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
i understand that you need bio and chem but is maths a necessity as well. if i take option 1 will it limit my options or is it on par with option 3
loazing21
Rep:
(Original post by thotproduct)
Any combination involving Biology and Chemistry is fine. Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. It'd be better if you got A*A*A in Bio, Chem, and some other sub you genuinely enjoy than A*A*B in the same with Maths, espcially if OP doesn't like maths. And no there is no secret requirement for Maths.
thanks for the advice
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
i understand that you need bio and chem but is maths a necessity as well. if i take option 1 will it limit my options or is it on par with option 3
Nah Maths isn't a req, but Bio and Chem are (some req Bio, some req Chem, but having Bio and Chem will probably maximise your odds)
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
You don't need to do maths,you can do economics instead if you want to.Biology,chemistry and maths is a popular combination among people wanting to do medicine though but if you feel like you can't get an A in maths at least then do something else.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
no not really tbh
well then go for something you know you'd enjoy:yep: bearing in mind, medicine is very competitive!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (62)
15.62%
The paper was reasonable (193)
48.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (100)
25.19%
It was TERRIBLE (42)
10.58%

Watched Threads