The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 - 4th June 2018

does anyone have any predictions for his exam??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by insubordinate
40 marks Constitution reforms linked to Brexit meybe
I think parliament and judiciary will be 25 markers
Original post by EhteshamArshad

40 marks Constitution reforms linked to Brexit meybe

Why Brexit? It’s not in the syllabus at all...
For the new spec we might
Constitution 5, 10, 25 marks and Parliament 40 marks HOC and HOL??
I hope parliaments a 40 marker, fingers crossed
I think Constitution will be 25 cos it was 40 the last 2 years. Parliament and Constitution are my best 2 so hoping that's how it goes!! Fingers crossed they're not hideous questions
do you think we'll have to talk about Brexit?
Not specifically but would be worth talking about in HOL powers. It's not in the syllabus so hope there's not a question on it. My exam is this morning (and then in quarantine until after Physics) so good luck this afternoon. I'll be done by 11 o'clock but at least it will all be over soon!!!
haha good luck!!
Reply 11
For the 40 marker on Parliament, it was basically is the OFFICE of the PM now presidential. Does that have much of difference if we just talked about the pm acting presidential??

Correct me if I'm wrong on the question
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by TJGJ
For the 40 marker on Parliament, it was basically is the OFFICE of the PM now presidential. Does that have much of difference if we just talked about the pm acting presidential??

was it not just evaluating the different functions of the HoC and HoL? so like representation, scrutiny etc.?
Original post by Ads.m
was it not just evaluating the different functions of the HoC and HoL? so like representation, scrutiny etc.?

Yes it was, I didn’t finish and couldn’t write a conclusion though so I’m not sure how many marks that will knock off
Original post by TJGJ

wasn't that for pm and cabinet
Reply 15
Original post by DiligentBop
Yes it was, I didn’t finish and couldn’t write a conclusion though so I’m not sure how many marks that will knock off

shouldnt knock too many, maybe 5 at most
Original post by Ads.m
shouldnt knock too many, maybe 5 at most

what were the other questions?
what did everyone talk about for the parliament 40 marker?
what did everyone talk about for the parliament 40 marker?

I did representation, legitimacy, scrutiny and legislation and talked about the commons and lords for each of those 4.
trying to create a detailed unofficial mark scheme so would help if I could get the full questions- thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending