History Picture based source question Watch

Zainab88
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys so basically this is my first go at this and I did it in 5 minutes :
||02|| Study Source B in the Sources Booklet. Give two things you can infer about the Yalta conference in 1945 from the source. Explain your answer using Source A and your contextual knowledge. [the source was the one from the Yalta conference were Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill were sat and laughing while slightly hunched backed.
[4 marks]

From this source we can clearly infer that ‘the big three’, Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill share not only a common enemy of Germany but also share a sort of friendship. the fact that they are all smiling and leaned forward suggest that they are comfortable around each other and that they all have common similarities from the war. Here Roosevelt is old and as he suffers from polio they all are sat down for the photo. In this conference they agree Germany will pay a large fee for there war troubles and that they will be split into four sectors, one for the English, one for the French, the Americans and the USSR.
Please can you guys roast it as hard as you can so that I can see what I need to improve on and I KNOW i need to improve it. Thank You xxx
Zainab88
Rep:
?
I don't know if you can see that but its a link to the picture I used

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...Pl3XrSWNnBAQM:
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
moved to history forum. hopefully you'll get more replies
Zainab88
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
moved to history forum. hopefully you'll get more replies
thank you
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Begins fine, goes downhill. The second half of your paragraph you're either just describing the photo or the Yalta conference.
This photo was just for publicity really. But if that's not mentioned in the question then it's not that important to mention here.

(Original post by Zainab88)
In this conference they agree Germany will pay a large fee for there war troubles and that they will be split into four sectors, one for the English, one for the French, the Americans and the USSR.
This is basically irrelevant to the question. No way are you inferring that from the photograph.

You did start off well, identifying what it's meant to show (but remember, meant to show). Best to use phrases like "gives the impression" or "suggests" because 1. this is just what's being inferred from the photograph and 2. Churchill and Stalin really weren't mates.

So what's trying to be accomplished with this photo? How would someone seeing this for the first time think?
Well, they do want to give the impression that they're all friends and that this alliance against Nazi Germany is a good thing. I mean, Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin sitting next to each other would have been pretty inconceivable a decade before. It looks like diplomatic relations are set to improve as a result as well. Buuuuuuut, this is where you would use your own contextual knowledge to shine some light on that idea. Were they really friends, etc etc.

Do you have Source A available?
Zainab88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Begins fine, goes downhill. The second half of your paragraph you're either just describing the photo or the Yalta conference.
This photo was just for publicity really. But if that's not mentioned in the question then it's not that important to mention here.

This is basically irrelevant to the question. No way are you inferring that from the photograph.

You did start off well, identifying what it's meant to show (but remember, meant to show). Best to use phrases like "gives the impression" or "suggests" because 1. this is just what's being inferred from the photograph and 2. Churchill and Stalin really weren't mates.

So what's trying to be accomplished with this photo? How would someone seeing this for the first time think?
Well, they do want to give the impression that they're all friends and that this alliance against Nazi Germany is a good thing. I mean, Roosevelt, Churchill and Stalin sitting next to each other would have been pretty inconceivable a decade before. It looks like diplomatic relations are set to improve as a result as well. Buuuuuuut, this is where you would use your own contextual knowledge to shine some light on that idea. Were they really friends, etc etc.

Do you have Source A available?
Wow!!! Thank you so much that REALLY helps . To you question I made a PowerPoint full of pictures for the history course I do and just looked up some past questions online and fit it with the suitable topic if you want it I don't mind sending it to you.The Source A bit was just from the question i copied as normally you are just given one of these.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow!!! Thank you so much that REALLY helps . To you question I made a PowerPoint full of pictures for the history course I do and just looked up some past questions online and fit it with the suitable topic if you want it I don't mind sending it to you.The Source A bit was just from the question i copied as normally you are just given one of these.
I won't be needing it, thanks
Storyus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What exam board are you?
Zainab88
Rep:
?
(Original post by Storyus)
What exam board are you?
AQA
Storyus
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
AQA
Phew got me a bit worried there!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.75%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.26%
Not great so far... (225)
35.66%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.33%

Watched Threads