Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jonlim
lol is that you Becca my child

goD DA D LE T ME LIVE (yes)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by kuu
I'm also wondering how long it will take to get the college placement. I only got my course offer last week so am thinking it might still be a long wait.

I'm not really worried about it at all, because I'm sure any college will be fine - the main thing is I got onto the course I wanted to. I put Balliol as my 1st choice and I'd imagine it's amongst the more difficult ones to get in. I thought there's no harm in applying because they'll just allocate me somewhere else if need be. But of course it'd be great to get in my 1st choice.

Original post by c-h-smith
I’ve nominated Balliol too! Got an offer for DPhil in Information, Communication and the Social Sciences just a week and a half ago. The institute that runs the course has a close connection with Balliol (and I think uses some of their buildings?) so it seemed the obvious choice! And Hollywell Manor looks lovely...

I heard back from Balliol last Tuesday as my first choice (it was a rejection, but I'm not upset - lots of the other colleges will suit me just as well!). I got my acceptance email on the 26th Feb, so it was almost exactly (to the hour!) four weeks after that I heard - still waiting to get pooled!
Anyone still waiting to hear from DPIR?
Anyone know when AHRC results come out? Are any of them affiliated with particular colleges?
Reply 1984
I just got a rejection from Balliol, a bit disappointed but happy they let me know so fast. Hopefully I'll get a college offer soon, it's mainly accommodation I'm concerned about!
You're correct. My apologies. Have you heard anything yet?
Original post by Pepenudalg
Not really. I've seen just one DPhil acceptance from mid-March (Pol theory). The rest are just different masters programmes.
Got rejected from Jesus, three working days after receiving my offer. Honestly thought I had a good chance as it seems to be a less popular college but I suppose c'est la vie. Anyone heard back after getting pooled/know which colleges people are typically pooled to?
Hi guys. I am quite confused about the whole college thing. Is it that the college I indicated as my first choice would email to tell me if I had been rejected before I would be assigned another one?

I received my offer 7 weeks ago and still have no college yet.
Original post by Purpleforever
Hi guys. I am quite confused about the whole college thing. Is it that the college I indicated as my first choice would email to tell me if I had been rejected before I would be assigned another one?

I received my offer 7 weeks ago and still have no college yet.

What happened with me is that the Graduate Office emailed me to say Jesus (my first choice) had not accepted me, and they said the one allocated to me will email when I am accepted.
Has anyone heard from the Medieval department for the mst? I saw one or two people had early last week but that was it. It's gone past the 11th week of waiting now, so frustrating...
Guys! Congartulations to all of you who got their offers and best luck to everyone waiting!
I got an interview invite for MSc Computer Science next week. I want to know if someone else has got it or already done with it? If so, how was it?
My main concern is, my research and SOP were heavily focussed on applied AI, having worked in the applied ML field. However, the interviewer I got is a legend in theoretical AI! :frown: I know nothing about the theoretical aspects of AI! Should I email the professor and ask him if I should prepare something specifically? How should I go about it? Please help guys!!!!
I just got an email from the admission saying that I am on the waiting list for MSc mathematical sciences. Don't know how long I need to wait for the final decision :frown:
For anyone waiting for a response from the Geography Department, I got an acceptance for the MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Governance this morning (5:55 am U.S. East Coast time). Quite a lovely surprise.Congrats to everyone!
When did you hear back from jesus college? :smile:
Original post by arch_student
nice to see some fellow archaeologists representing on here! got an offer to study MSt Archaeology about two months or so ago! also got an offer from jesus college... do you guys know what college you're going to yet?
Original post by histmphil96
Got rejected from Jesus, three working days after receiving my offer. Honestly thought I had a good chance as it seems to be a less popular college but I suppose c'est la vie. Anyone heard back after getting pooled/know which colleges people are typically pooled to?

In the first instance, it's down to whether you have shared academic interests with the fellows of the college. Then it comes down to how many places they have left, whether you've won funding, academic merit etc.

It could just be you don't share any interests with the fellows of the college

Congrats! I have applied for masters in the same deptt. Do you mind sharing your timeline?
Original post by tom waits
Received an official offer for the DPhil in Engineering Science.

Any news on the Clarendon's from the MPLS division? Unfortunately I won't be able to attend without a scholarship but I know that I have been nominated for one.
Original post by Ilaria95
When did you hear back from jesus college? :smile:

i heard on the 13th of February!! about a week after i accepted the offer from my department... best of luck if you're waiting!!
Congrats!!!I got an offer for the MPhil South Asian Studies and will not attend without funding. I tried asking if I was nominated for any funding but got a response in negative. How does one know if there has been a nomination?
Reply 1998
Has anybody heard back from New College yet ?
So I got a conditional offer, but I don't know if it's right to accept it or not. I've already accepted an offer from Cambridge, and while funding can never be guaranteed, it's highly likely I'll get something and that I'll be attending there.

Oxford on the other hand does not offer any funding, and I'd have to apply for outside funding in a couple months' time. But I'll already know if I'm funded by Cambridge before then...

It feels pretty scummy to accept an offer even though I know it's not likely I'll end up going.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending