The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Official OXFORD 2019 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by farah_ag
I have! Still haven’t heard back from them yet. Haven’t heard back from Ertegun scholarship either.

I don't think anyone has, so at least its dead air all round!
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
According to gradcafe stats I could be receiving an offer (or rejection) as early as next week or as late as mid-March. Offers are clearly dished out in batches it seems as well.
Original post by Solipsis
According to gradcafe stats I could be receiving an offer (or rejection) as early as next week or as late as mid-March. Offers are clearly dished out in batches it seems as well.

There aren't enough reports for mine to let me know - but from what others have said its the same with the English Faculty. Incrediblyyyyyy frustrating
Hi all, does anyone receive the interview from MSc pharmacology this year so far...? I'm worrying as I haven't got any emails etc. :frown:
Should I contact the faculty or something ... or just waiting for email?
thanks guys according to gradcafe pharmacology should be around march or something... can I ask if anyone also applied such as pharmacology or biochem or oncology?
Original post by Spartol
thanks guys according to gradcafe pharmacology should be around march or something... can I ask if anyone also applied such as pharmacology or biochem or oncology?

I applied for MSc by research in Biochemistry but I haven't heard anything yet regarding interviews
Original post by Annygrant
I applied for MSc by research in Biochemistry but I haven't heard anything yet regarding interviews

same😟 it also seems that we cannot track applications via self service... but anyway, good luck! 😊
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by Spartol

I’ve applied to MSc in Pharmacology. Haven’t heard anything yet about the interview. Have you?
Original post by mervel
I’ve applied to MSc in Pharmacology. Haven’t heard anything yet about the interview. Have you?

same course ... haven't heard anything ... I only did a nonsense questionaire a few days ago. 😂 good luck!
Original post by publiish
oh no..... So while obsessively checking my application, i just now realised i submitted my old cv. I have no idea how. My current cv has my only conference presentation on it as well as my contribution to an ongoing digital humanitites project. I don’t know what to do other than sit here and heart attack about it. Should i email someone? Or would that likely just make me look like a disorganized idiot while not actually helping anything?

ooh id email just in case
Reply 790
Original post by Spartol
same course ... haven't heard anything ... I only did a nonsense questionaire a few days ago. 😂 good luck!

Likewise! I believe they send invitations based on our application date. When did you apply??
Original post by ladyread
ooh id email just in case

Do you think I would be better off emailing the department or the general "grad admissions" contact? Sorry for the bother, you just seem so well informed.
Original post by NILinguist
Hey - yeah, I received an offer for the MPhil! :smile: Have you heard anything back from them yet?

Congrats! I got an offer for the MSt :wink: but they haven't sent over the formal offer yet so I'm not sure if there are any conditions. Which college did you apply for? Have you applied anywhere else?
Original post by snowpudding
Congrats! I got an offer for the MSt :wink: but they haven't sent over the formal offer yet so I'm not sure if there are any conditions. Which college did you apply for? Have you applied anywhere else?

Congratulations!! :biggrin: I got a formal offer pretty soon after my informal offer came through, so I’m sure you’ll get yours soon too. I didn’t pick a specific college, but I got an offer from Pembroke. How about you? :smile:

I applied to Cambridge too, but Oxford is definitely my first choice.
Original post by mervel
Likewise! I believe they send invitations based on our application date. When did you apply??

november 24. sounds a little bit late erh...? but I would think they would assess them together after Jan ddl... who knows?
I have got rejections from cambridge and that's incredibly infrustrating... i now don't know if i can receive any invitations so far...😟
Reply 795
Original post by Annygrant

I’ve applied to biochemistry and oncology too! Also haven’t heard back.
Original post by Tunvud
I’ve applied to biochemistry and oncology too! Also haven’t heard back.

me too! good luck!
Has anyone applied for either the MSc in Criminology and Criminal Justice or the MSt in International Human Rights Law? :smile:
Original post by publiish
Do you think I would be better off emailing the department or the general "grad admissions" contact? Sorry for the bother, you just seem so well informed.

No bother at all! I’d email the Faculty, and the graduate admissions department of the faculty if there is one! You can usually find the address on the faculty website
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 799
Original post by Spartol
Hi all, does anyone receive the interview from MSc pharmacology this year so far...? I'm worrying as I haven't got any emails etc. :frown:
Should I contact the faculty or something ... or just waiting for email?

The first round of interviews for MSc Pharmacology were last week, they said first offers will come in this next week:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending