flowerpower69
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
long story short, i've been suffering from a severe depression that's ruined my life socially and academically - i didn't apply to uni but now i want to try, but i don't know where to go with it. i'm having a bash at writing a personal statement. if i applied to one uni through clearing, and they rejected me, could i reapply for next year in november at the same said uni? through clearing, would they offer a foundation year? there's probably more i need to ask but it's 2 am and i'm too stressed. i just need some guidance. thank you.
Eirini Kakari
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there. Have you checked the ucas page? try "ucas clearing" , there is a lot of information. Perhaps you find your answers in FAQ.
I am not sure about this but I think that if you get rejected this year from a university you could reapply.
Good to hear that you are recovering from your depression and are motivated to start uni.
Best of luck!
Eirini Kakari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5001982
take a look at this thread. There are people with depression talking about being accepted in uni. You may find helpful information
Skkkk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eirini Kakari)
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5001982
take a look at this thread. There are people with depression talking about being accepted in uni. You may find helpful information
Hi would U pick medicine or dentistry
Eirini Kakari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I didn't understand your question. Are you interested in medicine or dentistry? are you wondering if you could get admitted?
I live in Greece and I will start my studies in Scotland in September in social work.
From what I ve heard medicine and dentistry are very competitive. I guess it would be harder to get accepted by unis.
But you can contact the unis and see what they have to say about it
Eirini Kakari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.themedicportal.com/appli...cine-clearing/
here is some information about medical clearing
Skkkk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eirini Kakari)
I didn't understand your question. Are you interested in medicine or dentistry? are you wondering if you could get admitted?
I live in Greece and I will start my studies in Scotland in September in social work.
From what I ve heard medicine and dentistry are very competitive. I guess it would be harder to get accepted by unis.
But you can contact the unis and see what they have to say about it
I’m interested in both but I’m uear ten so no need to worry as much but wanting to get a grasp of opinions of medical and dental students and how it’s like
Eirini Kakari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://university.which.co.uk/advic...might-not-know
from what I saw here, medicine and dentistry are among the most competitive courses and only a few places are offered through clearing. But here you can find some usefull information regarding the proccess
Eirini Kakari
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
I’m interested in both but I’m uear ten so no need to worry as much but wanting to get a grasp of opinions of medical and. dental students and how it’s like
Sorry, again I don't understand something. Why you say "no need to worry as much"?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads