ImanJama
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,
I found these threads on student room very interesting and motivating so I thought to do my own by the way I posted this on the A-level forum but figured this is a more suitable location but i do not know how to delete the other one haha
I've just completed my mocks in maths and sociology. While sociology went brilliantly, maths not so much due to many complications one being finishing content three days before the exam .

In the beginning of the academic year I didn't know what I wanted to study so I picked Biology with Maths and Sociology and I harshly found out in the middle of the year that I hated Biology! I dropped it very late in the end of March but my teachers allowed me to pick up Business in Year 13 if I learn it on my own and I am getting tested in September.

So I'll be starting Business in June with my private tutor to teach me and I am excited, they will be coming once every two weeks to go over content with me, so essentially I will be doing 1 unit every two weeks.

In Maths, I am going over Year 12 content again since my exams didn't go too well ( I think I got a C) and completing the UpLearn course which is pretty amazing program from the reviews.

For Sociology, I am going over Year 12 again and then getting ahead in the Year 13 content.

So this is my plan until September.

I would like to go on to study Economics at University, I have been looking at UCL, Queen Mary, Birmingham.
Aside from education, I LOVE POETRY, I write also write my own poetry. I also love to read.
So I would like to get the A* in Sociology and both A's in Maths and Business.
I will try post everyday (starting from tomorrow which is actually today because its 3am) and yeah stay tuned for some lovely revision pics and my journey guyss.
username3671370
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Good luck! It's great that you've sorted out what you need to do, which means it can only go uphill from here
nyxnko_
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good luck!! :rave:
ImanJama
Rep:
(Original post by Guava Juice)
Good luck! It's great that you've sorted out what you need to do, which means it can only go uphill from here
Thank youuu, and I hope so!
ImanJama
Rep:
(Original post by Guava Juice)
Thank you!!!
ImanJama
Rep:
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Good luck!! :rave:
Thank you!
ImanJama
Rep:
Hello people,
So today I had a lie in considering I went to sleep pretty late so I started my work pretty late.
I completed today’s Business of 6 sides so 3 Pages I’ve attached a cheeky pic.
I contacted many tutors.
I didn’t do much but tomorrow I have a Starbucks date with my friend to get some Sociology and more Business complete.
Uplearn Program have yet to reply to me so until then I’ll be doing Sociology and Business 😊
Name:  A9604013-4807-4BB5-AD20-0F37563A09BD.jpg.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  27.2 KB
Stay tuned for tomorrowwwwww
ImanJama
Rep:
(Original post by ImanJama)
Hello people,
So today I had a lie in considering I went to sleep pretty late so I started my work pretty late.
I completed today’s Business of 6 sides so 3 Pages I’ve attached a cheeky pic.
I contacted many tutors.
I didn’t do much but tomorrow I have a Starbucks date with my friend to get some Sociology and more Business complete.
Uplearn Program have yet to reply to me so until then I’ll be doing Sociology and Business 😊
Name:  A9604013-4807-4BB5-AD20-0F37563A09BD.jpg.jpeg
Views: 212
Size:  27.2 KB
Stay tuned for tomorrowwwwww
I also found this very cool YouTuber and I’ve been studying with her with intervals.
Her name is : TheStrive Studies
If you want to check her out.
But anyway see you tomorrow
ImanJama
Rep:
So today my Starbucks date was cancelled because my sister came back from university! I was with her for most of the day before getting on with some work I completed some business but not as much as I intended so I have to do more tomorrow. I’m planning to go Starbucks tomorrow pretty early and do some A3 sheets on education and completing business chapter 1 and doing 2 essays on that chapter.
UpLearn still have not replied to me it’s been 2 days and it says they generally reply in a few hours or less so I guess it’s just a waiting game. I really liked the style and structure of UpLearn after completing the free trial so I’ll definitely wait.
So until then I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow.
Ell1e10
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
So today my Starbucks date was cancelled because my sister came back from university! I was with her for most of the day before getting on with some work I completed some business but not as much as I intended so I have to do more tomorrow. I’m planning to go Starbucks tomorrow pretty early and do some A3 sheets on education and completing business chapter 1 and doing 2 essays on that chapter.
UpLearn still have not replied to me it’s been 2 days and it says they generally reply in a few hours or less so I guess it’s just a waiting game. I really liked the style and structure of UpLearn after completing the free trial so I’ll definitely wait.
So until then I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow.
Welldone, seems like you are putting a lot of effort in, I hope all this hard work pays off for you and I’m sure it will.
ImanJama
Rep:
T
(Original post by Ell1e10)
Welldone, seems like you are putting a lot of effort in, I hope all this hard work pays off for you and I’m sure it will.
I really am I didn’t work hard enough in the beginning of the year so I’m kind of glad this year doesn’t count because I need these grades to get where I want. Thank you for the support !!!!!
Ell1e10
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
TI really am I didn’t work hard enough in the beginning of the year so I’m kind of glad this year doesn’t count because I need these grades to get where I want. Thank you for the support !!!!!
No worries! I’m kind of in the same boat, I haven’t been working that hard for my gcses but when I start my a levels I have a very good mindset and I’m going to put a lot more effort in.
ImanJama
Rep:
Hi guysss,
So I wasn’t able to post yesterday because I was bed bound. I was so ill so I wasn’t able to get any thing done at all 😭
But today I got my business completed and done a couple essays (pic attached) I studied with Unjaded Jade not literally but her Study with me on YouTube. It was my little brothers birthday he turned 13 and I just wanted to be 13 again 😂
I have changed my initial plan regarding sociology because I was getting so stressed doing year 12 content again so soon because I just completed the exams so I had that feeling again so I’m thinking of going ahead with the year13 content and finishing that ahead of school. I’m picking up the text book when my school opens again which is on Monday.
Uplearn have replied, they are just completing some checks regarding a scholarship so until then I’m not doing maths hopefully that shouldn’t take long
Tomorrow I’ll be completing more business and I’m meeting my tutor on the 14th so I could hand in my essays.
Stay tuned lovely people !❤️
ImanJama
Rep:
I didn’t even attach the pic 😂
ImanJama
Rep:
Hello guyssss,
I’m aware that I’ve been away I’ve been really busy sorting a couple things out apart from my academics but I’ll back onto my work tomorrow i am planning to finish Unit 1 by 9 June before going on to Unit 2 my tutor is meeting me on the 14 th to go over unit 1 and mark my essays etc.
But before I say farewell until tomorrow I have a cute pic of my desk my amazing sister thought of me and brought me some cute desk supplies.
Bye loves. Name:  B88645A1-8085-4084-B23F-CD8DB12DB0CF.jpg.jpeg
Views: 166
Size:  31.3 KB
heididdo
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Just wondering, did you get a C in your Year 12 exams? Because I'm in that situation and I would really like the same grades as you and feel like they are achievable if I really put the work in. But my sixth form already wants to know if I'm applying this year and where? So are you taking a gap year and applying in that?
ImanJama
Rep:
(Original post by heididdo)
Just wondering, did you get a C in your Year 12 exams? Because I'm in that situation and I would really like the same grades as you and feel like they are achievable if I really put the work in. But my sixth form already wants to know if I'm applying this year and where? So are you taking a gap year and applying in that?
Hiiii,
I haven’t got the results for my year 12 exams yet, I completed my exams in maths and sociology and I think I got a C in Maths it didn’t go how I wanted it to whereas I think sociology went well, I’ll get my results in August. I’m not really sure what you are asking sorry I’m not taking a gap year but to fill my third alevel I’m teaching myself an AS subject and I’m about to go into year 13. I’m not sure I answered your question but I do hope I helped and feel free to ask any more.
ImanJama
Rep:
Good evening guys,
As usual I completed my daily business pic attached ( study with me - unjaded jade), I’ve had a change of plan and I’ll be finishing unit 1 by 11 June. I’ll be doing a chapter 1 unit 1 mindmaps tomorrow and after tomorrow. I won’t be doing any essays for chapter 1 until I finish creating the mindmaps, I’m starting school Monday 😭 which I have mixed feeling about because I know I will be productive and I’ll get more work done and I can also start sociology yr13. UpLearn have yet to reply to me with the scholarship but I’m not that worried as it’s a long process. I’m thinking of going to the library tomorrow or Starbucks one of the two. But I’ll keep you guys posted until then bye ❤️
Name:  37DD06A0-2081-4528-B6DD-F6A8877091FE.jpg.jpeg
Views: 170
Size:  17.3 KB
ImanJama
Rep:
Helloooo,
So today I finished two books and I’m suffering withdrawal 😭
I’ve completed my business for today and tomorrow I’ll be going out to do my work.
I’m planning to call some centres for volunteering and I’ve been actively looking for jobs but I can’t seem to find any 😨😨
I’ll keep you guys posted until tomorrow
Bye bye
Toastiekid
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Good luck! You’ve got a really interesting mix of subjects, can’t wait to see how it goes:woo:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.63%
Note taking apps (6)
2.45%
Flashcards (47)
19.18%
Revision guides (15)
6.12%
Past papers (116)
47.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.27%

Watched Threads