The Student Room Group

Inter-cast marrige

I am a sikh girl aged 18 and currently preparing for univeristy in the UK. I am together with a sikh boy aged 21 and he is doing is masters in India. Me and him are talking since 2 years, we do calls and video calls. We both want to get married. He told his mum and she said we will see what my parents will say. I talked to her and she realy likes me. Yestday i told my mum and she is very angry with me and said i should stop msg him. She said either chose him or us and if i chose him i will be dead for my parents and my mum will go away from home. My mum said the problem is that he is from a lower cast, if he would be from our cast she would think about it. I told her in our religion there are no cast and she agrees with it. But she said what should she say to other family members. He is making it very hard for me. The boy is good, he is what my mum wanted but she is not ready to let us be together. I don't know what to do. I want to keep my parents happy but i also don't want to lose him. Does anyone know what i should do? Pls help me.
Cool! This is a new one. I'm glad to see these fake threads are branching out into new ground.
Have you actually met this guy? It sounds like you haven't. A long distance marriage before having dated sounds awful. Maybe your mum is just using the caste thing as an excuse? You are a bit young to make such a life changing decision, but you are still an adult. If you want to do this, you can, but it would be without the support of your family. If they really are that bigoted, you could potentially be better off without them in the long run. Maybe wait a while?
What cast is he?
Original post by Anonymous
What cast is he?

i am jatt and he is ramgharia
Hey,

I've only just seen this post...

Has there been any update with what you're mum thinks?
No, my mum thinks I don't talk to him anymore but I still do. I started University now and he stated working as a accountant. We are together since 3 years now and I don't know what to tell my parents

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending