snickerdoodle02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've done my speaking which went well. I am fine with writing but I am really scared for reading and listening as I literally know no vocab at all. My listening and reading are both on the 18th June and I want to get a B at least. But, I don't know what to do right now for revision and what the basic vocab actually is.
knownasAD
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by snickerdoodle02)
I've done my speaking which went well. I am fine with writing but I am really scared for reading and listening as I literally know no vocab at all. My listening and reading are both on the 18th June and I want to get a B at least. But, I don't know what to do right now for revision and what the basic vocab actually is.
i done it already got an A* done it in year 10 now year 11 (AQA) and honestly you are okay for the listening but the reading uses some tricky vocab if you are completley clueless which i assume you are.

what i can see is just do past papers as nost of the shxt is recycled,and teach yourself 20 words based on the papers you done.

at least you are not doing geograpghy and english lang on the same day in just 3 DAYS.
Goodluck and get started panicking wont get you anywhere clear your head and get going

goodluck
znbjsm
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey!
I have my exam as well this year but I'm more concerned with the writing. I find it so scary! Anyway, I would say the listening and reading exams are easier than the other two. I would recommend doing past papers which you can find on the Edexcel website and look through the vocabulary lists! Good luck!
Vocabulary list:https://qualifications.pearson.com/c.../2009/Teachingandlearningmaterials/Arabic-Vocabulary-Book-3.pdf
Past papers:https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...materials.html
khakigreen20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
they have taken away the past paper for reading and writing
znbjsm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How were the exams?
khakigreen20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
the listening was quite hard but I found reading easy I am just scared for my writing
znbjsm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sana654)
the listening was quite hard but I found reading easy I am just scared for my writing
I found the listening easier than the reading but I'm also slightly scares for writing. Good luck!
khakigreen20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how did your writing go? I wrote about health and then the internet
znbjsm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sana654)
how did your writing go? I wrote about health and then the internet
Omg. I’m sorry I haven’t been on TSR in months 😂 How were your results?
znbjsm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ZainabJassim)
Omg. I’m sorry I haven’t been on TSR in months 😂 How were your results?
I got an A* 😊🎉 How were yours?
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an A* 😊🎉 How were yours?
Congratulations,

How many words were you required to learn for this GCSE?
znbjsm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
Congratulations,

How many words were you required to learn for this GCSE?
I didn't really memories that many words. Just the basics like months, directions, numbers and adjectives. I mostly used my dictionary in the exam but I don't think that's all owed on the new spec.
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I didn't really memories that many words. Just the basics like months, directions, numbers and adjectives. I mostly used my dictionary in the exam but I don't think that's all owed on the new spec.

Would you say you would be able to write the sentence you have just written into Arabic?

Just curious! Again, a worthy GCSE to pursue and ewll done.
znbjsm
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tawheed)
Would you say you would be able to write the sentence you have just written into Arabic?

Just curious! Again, a worthy GCSE to pursue and ewll done.
لم أحفظ الكثير من الكلمات.
مجرد الأساسيات مثل الأشهر و الاتجاهات و الأرقام و الصفات. انا في الغالب استخدمت القاموس ولكن لا أعتقد أن هذا مسموح به في الامتحانات هذه السنة.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads