The Student Room Group

was just wondering.....

lets just say i got this:

A level maths - Grade A
A level physics - Grade A
A level geography - Grade A
AS level further maths - Grade A
AS level history - Grade A

And 2 A*, 5A, 3B, 1D in my GCSE'S (A in geography)

How hard would it be to get into oxford/cambridge to do geograpy? What do you recommend, would i have a good chance/not? Or am I better going for another university?
Reply 1
ok, well you dont really need to be told that youve got the grades you need, because im sure oyu know it, but form what information youve given id say you just about the same chance as eveyrone else

the interview is whats important, as well as submitted work id say. they rejected 10,00 people iwth straight a's last year, so just stating your grades isnt going to give much of a clue im afraid :s-smilie:

however it is a good variety of subjects, which might count for something. i would ask you for your ums marks, but i only scraped an A in geography at AS and they let me in anyway....

what college are you thinking of applying to?

tip: if youve got an essay you really like, apply to a college that asks for a piece of submitted work, at my interview the professor commented on how impressed he was with the essay i submitted, and im pretty sure it really helped out my application

if in doubt, go for it, its only one space out of six etc etc :smile:
Reply 2
beckyp89
lets just say i got this:

A level maths - Grade A
A level physics - Grade A
A level geography - Grade A
AS level further maths - Grade A
AS level history - Grade A

And 2 A*, 5A, 3B, 1D in my GCSE'S (A in geography)

How hard would it be to get into oxford/cambridge to do geograpy? What do you recommend, would i have a good chance/not? Or am I better going for another university?

Oxford Geography - it is not that hard to get into, so i think youve got a good chance.
Reply 3
TheWolf
Oxford Geography - it is not that hard to get into, so i think youve got a good chance.

well, if you have some good written work to send up, then it may compensate for the B's and D at GCSE. Certainly once you have certificated AS levels, that will help considerably. Once you have got to the interview stage, the GCSE's become less relevant.

Latest

Trending

Trending