The Student Room Group

I'm 16, what can I do in the summer to meet people my age

I'm not 100% sure that this is the right place for this question but whatever. I'm currently 16 and just finishing up with GCSE's, I've just repatriated to the UK from the middle east so I literally have no friends here, I've joined a few clubs and things but they all pack up in the summer. I'm looking for something that I can do in the summer (3 months) that doesn't cost too much, where I will build life skills and also meet people my age. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
ncs
Original post by anonymous69gcse
ncs

That exactly what I was looking for, thanks man!!!!!
NCS is definitely an option, it's really good for meeting new people. Youth clubs are also a great idea, but some do close during the holidays. If you're into sports or arts, try stuff for those - I play for a cricket club and we play loads of matches in summer. It does depend where you live - where are you based? If you're in a city (I'm in East London), it is actually a lot easier because there are a lot of young people. Lifeskills wise, drama and NCS are your two best options. If you make any friends, I'd also suggest something like paintballing or airsoft (which ends up being cheaper than paintball - trust me - I know) because they are young person heavy and you could meet some really nice people. Good luck!
Original post by byzan
I'm not 100% sure that this is the right place for this question but whatever. I'm currently 16 and just finishing up with GCSE's, I've just repatriated to the UK from the middle east so I literally have no friends here, I've joined a few clubs and things but they all pack up in the summer. I'm looking for something that I can do in the summer (3 months) that doesn't cost too much, where I will build life skills and also meet people my age. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

I feel you such a long summer I have no friends either and finished gcse I’ve got no friends where I live because I go to a boarding school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending