Mercury 123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Having got my student finance through my budget is quite tight, so wondered if anyone had lived in standard single campus and what they are like compared to other accommodation?? I didn't see them at the open day and the website isn't particularly descriptive. I don't know whether to put these or the village as my first choice. Thanks in advance
_Sear_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mercury 123)
Having got my student finance through my budget is quite tight, so wondered if anyone had lived in standard single campus and what they are like compared to other accommodation?? I didn't see them at the open day and the website isn't particularly descriptive. I don't know whether to put these or the village as my first choice. Thanks in advance
not a current student but I have visited the ziggarets, these are the standard single rooms on campus that overlook the lake and they look very sociable to me, you share a bathroom and kitchen with your flatmates and you get a sink in the room. I will be applying for this I think
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Royal Knight)
Does anyone know when we are allocated our rooms?
Iirc not until after Results Day. You don't have a place until then, unless you have an Unconditional, and even then accomodation isn't finalised until most of the university places are allocated.

Edit: yup...
https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodati...esidences/faqs
When will you tell me what room I've been allocated?

Your accommodation offer will be emailed to you shortly after your room has been allocated, and this happens after your student status has been confirmed. The majority of applicants will be allocated in the period between the end of August and the middle of September. For full details about key dates throughout the year, please refer to our*timeline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
DanMSidd
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mercury 123)
Standard Single Campus for an undergrad will be Wolfson Close (where I'll be living next year). They're quite small and on the edge of campus and have more of a quieter, homely vibe to them.
Standard Single Ziggurat (different from the above) is a bit more expensive and has more of a reputation for partying.
The Village is nice, little bit removed from campus but that can be a relief after a long day of classes. If your budget it tight, though, I wouldn't recommend the Village. It's not the most expensive option but it's up there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads