The Student Room Group

Where did the weird idea come from that some should shave their vaginas?

Scroll to see replies

i prefer tentacle transplant over shaved or hairy
Original post by Luke5125
I'm male but yeah, sounds like the best way to wash your vagina. Just don't ever use soup directly on it or push water into yourself as these can both affect the PH balance

Yup, soup would definitely affect the pH balance lmao
Reply 62
Original post by Trinculo
Are you saying it's all because of modern male chauvanism and objectification?

Pretty much yeah. I mean if it were up to me I would let it grow just because it’s annoying having to shave so often. Trimming is good but shaving is so freaking annoying to me. Ik some people believe different but that’s just me idk. You get bullied if u don’t shave, it’s a natural thing that everyone gets, and I feel as tho a lot of men do not shave down there and no one has a problem but when girls don’t it’s considered disgusting. Idk idk idk
Why are people so grossed out by body hair. It's something natural. All women/ladies/girls grow body hair. Some just grow more than others. I personally really hate the so called social construct of beauty put up by media and society. Many women get insecure because of it... I often ask. Why is it considered to be gross. What's gross if you wash it. Why isn't it gross on men ? Why is it considered to be unfeminine ? It's something natural. All women grow it. Some even have more than man who grow very little. I'm trying to spread some positivity and awareness. No shave no shame
Original post by Bodypositivity
Why are people so grossed out by body hair. It's something natural. All women/ladies/girls grow body hair. Some just grow more than others. I personally really hate the so called social construct of beauty put up by media and society. Many women get insecure because of it... I often ask. Why is it considered to be gross. What's gross if you wash it. Why isn't it gross on men ? Why is it considered to be unfeminine ? It's something natural. All women grow it. Some even have more than man who grow very little. I'm trying to spread some positivity and awareness. No shave no shame

Female here. I definitely sweat more and smell more when I don't remove hair, even if I wash twice as often. I am not ashamed of the hair, but I'm not comfortable being sweaty and smelly. I don't care what other people do with their hair, I accept they may be less sweaty than me, but I do feel gross when my hair gets too long. The appearance of it doesn't bother me that much just the hygiene aspect.
Armpit hair makes for sweatier pits, and excessive pubic hair is not nice on the mouth when going down on a girl.That said, guys should also be expected not to have overgrown armpits and messy pubic hair, it’s uncomfortable and unsightly.
Original post by kasabiangeezer
Armpit hair makes for sweatier pits, and excessive pubic hair is not nice on the mouth when going down on a girl.That said, guys should also be expected not to have overgrown armpits and messy pubic hair, it’s uncomfortable and unsightly.

Tastes differ....

Quick Reply

Latest