Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A-level Business 9BS0 7/11/18th June 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for what topics might come up on each paper? Out teacher told us that the Exam boards often ask topics that haven't come up in previous years, but it's kind of hard to predict because the new spec only began in 2016.

ReputationRep:
    for paper 3 it is definetly likely going to include ethical sourcing, ethics, forms of business, competitive advantage, market, demand, globalisation, mncs (and their impact), production, distribution, pricing, entrepreneurial, niche markets and corporate objectives MERGERS! IS DEFINETLY GOING TO COME UP
    what may come
    - pestle
    - swot analysis
    - shareholder and stateholder!! - especially for businesses like divine chocolate because they are a social enterprise

key businesses to look at
    - nestle
    - mars inc
    - divine chocoalte
    - booja-booja
    - ferrara
    - kitkat: ruby chocolate
    - branding: so manufactorer brands comapred to own-label brands (Tesco value milk chocolate compared to diary milk for example)

its important to look at the confectionery market too!

ReputationRep:
    any predicitons for paper 1? wanna make a groupchat for everyone doing the paper on thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esmesandom)
    any predicitons for paper 1? wanna make a groupchat for everyone doing the paper on thursday?
    I’m not sure sorry but can i Join the group chat?

ReputationRep:
    the thing is its really hard to predict what is going to be on the paper - because its the second year.
    I suggest not focusing on the things from last year

I feel like a supply/demand question may come or ped/yed as one of the four markers
    as there is a limited scope of calculations for paper 1
    I suggest having a broad knowledge and understanding of all topics - as this will help u with ur impact (effects and causes)

- I also recommend looking at market size/share or even cost-plus pricing (yes i

IF ANYONE HAS ANY OTHER RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    How are you guys revising for paper 1? I've gone through the past paper and the specimen paper, but outside of just doing questions out of the book, I'm running out of revision methods😭

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FourthGear)
    How are you guys revising for paper 1? I've gone through the past paper and the specimen paper, but outside of just doing questions out of the book, I'm running out of revision methods😭
    https://www.scacademy.co.uk/attachme...e=558&type=pdf
    - try some of these questions (obviously not the gym group stuff)
    I hope this helps!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am struggling on supply and demand, i know what to do if its a non price factor, and how the graph looks like. However, could anyone show me how the graph is meant to look like if its a price factor that changes.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling lots of topics from globalisation in theme 4 will come up ? Because of when they were writing the paper ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssurd)
    I have a feeling lots of topics from globalisation in theme 4 will come up ? Because of when they were writing the paper ??
    Ahhh, that's a problem.... can someone explain how businesses affect globalisation? There's a 20 marker in the textbook about it that I have no idea how to answer
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi guys, is this for GCSE or A-Level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evil Homer)
    Hi guys, is this for GCSE or A-Level?
    A level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FourthGear)
    Ahhh, that's a problem.... can someone explain how businesses affect globalisation? There's a 20 marker in the textbook about it that I have no idea how to answer
    ok so globalisation - textbook definition is the growing integration of the world's economies (this basically means that through international trades the countries are becoming increasingly one)

businesses are basically the catalysts for globalisation - they are what drive it!
    - imports/exports: brings money into the economy and out of it
    - foreign direct investment: boosts economic growth
    - mncs setting up production - provides jobs and this lowers the unemployment rate and improves the standard of living - for example, can increase the living way
    - technology and skills transfer
    - talk about trading blocs: EU, NAFTA AND ASEAN (they make trade easier this promotes globalisation)
    - government also benefit from taxation: where its tariffs, quotas, vat and corporation tax - this helps government expenditure
    (I suggest when looking at the impact of globalisation - looking at the growth of the economy and impact of mncs thats what helps me out and its synopsis)

hope this helps!!!

ReputationRep:
    is the confectionary industry just paper 3 or is it involved in topic 4 on paper 1? my teachers really confused me with this

(pm me your number and ill create a whatsapp gc if enough people wanna join it)

ReputationRep:
    is the confectionary industry just paper 3 or is it involved in topic 4 on paper 1? my teachers really confused me with this

(pm me your number and ill create a whatsapp gc if enough people wanna join it)
    Only Paper 3

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I have an upcoming A level Business paper 1 mock thats based on the recent AS paper 1 marketing and people. Please can you write down the questions that were in it.
    Not the Mars Protein bar question though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous172000)
    Hey, I have an upcoming A level Business paper 1 mock thats based on the recent AS paper 1 marketing and people. Please can you write down the questions that were in it.
    Not the Mars Protein bar question though

https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...e_20170519.pdf

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find todays paper?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh pretty good paper, what did everyone get for the calculations?

ReputationRep:
    I got 3.79 and 48%

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.