Turn on thread page Beta

spot watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Getting one on side of my nose and its quite painful. Any ideas on how to prevent this before it comes out massive tomorrow? Dont want it for me party lol

ReputationRep:
    The painful ones are usually the least noticable, if it's the type I'm thinking of. Stay off sugar (that aggravates it a lot of the time) and don't squeeze it before it's ready.

ReputationRep:
    get some soluble aspirin (can get it from Boots, Tesco etc for about 30-40p for a pack), add a couple of drops of water at a time to a tablet until it makes a paste, apply to spot. It's an anti-inflammatory & will help take some of the redness, swelling & pain down. You can go to sleep with it like that & it should be somewhat improved by morning. DON'T PICK IT! Oh, and wash your hands before touching your face.

ReputationRep:
    Germolene or Savlon put some on it before you sleep and it will help.

ReputationRep:
    Witch Doctor or toothpaste are good at preventing a big breakout.
    Don't poke and prod it too much or it will just get bigger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadinus)
    The painful ones are usually the least noticable, if it's the type I'm thinking of. Stay off sugar (that aggravates it a lot of the time) and don't squeeze it before it's ready.
    Painful ones for me, are usually the biggest and most obvious. Oh and don't squeeze it before it's ready!? How about 'don't squeeze it AT ALL'!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh no the worst thing for me is to have a horrible pustule poking out my skin, with yellow stuff under the surface, and it's just aching to be popped!

ReputationRep:
    Patience is a virtue. Popping spots increases the risk of infection and causes scarring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starry skies)
    get some soluble aspirin (can get it from Boots, Tesco etc for about 30-40p for a pack), add a couple of drops of water at a time to a tablet until it makes a paste, apply to spot. It's an anti-inflammatory & will help take some of the redness, swelling & pain down. You can go to sleep with it like that & it should be somewhat improved by morning. DON'T PICK IT! Oh, and wash your hands before touching your face.
    You stick aspirins to your face?

ReputationRep:
    believe it or not it works! I wouldn't recommend it anywhere other than the privacy of your home though If you look at a lot of spot creams one of their main ingredients is salicylic acid (i.e.aspirin) and it's basically the same idea but cheaper

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2008
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.