How do you get out of bed in the morning? Watch

AntiLearner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I set an alarm radio for 6 which goes unnoticed until around 6.30 when the phone alarm goes off, and I snooze it every 5 mins until 7. need something better.
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I get things thrown at me.
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I roll on to the floor,smell my socks and feel wide awake.
eugenius 8
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dont :s:

^:rofl:
ajlgirl
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
So glad I'm not the only one who sets it early so I can snooze it for an hour and feel like i'm having a lie in!!!
Cowberg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With a rocket up mah butt.
cpj1987
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I set an alarm for 30 minutes before I need to get up, another for 15 minutes before, and a third for the time I need to get up - by which point (usually), I'm awake enough to clamber out of bed.
staceybrigham
Report 10 years ago
i set my alarm for like 7;30 put on snooze until 8 then sit up on bed have cigarette aswell as putting on makeup and doing hair.
Peanut42
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Slowly.
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have Stephen Fry wake me up then I get showered an dressed.

I'm actually serious about the Stephen Fry bit!! I have the world's coolest alarm clock which has Stephen's voice as a wake up call. H e is in the character of Jeeves from Jeeves and Wooster!!!
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I set my alarm for twenty minutes before I need to get up. I then hit snooze the first and second times it goes off, and get out of bed on the third.
louisedotcom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I avoid getting up in the morning whenever possible.
When I do get up, I set my alarm on my mobile phone and get up straight away. I dislike setting my alarm before I actually have to get up, it disrupts the quality of my sleep and im more likely to feel tired all day.
spider from mars
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah, the eternal question.

At the moment what's working for me is:
Set the alarm on my phone for half an hour before I need to get up. Put it on the other side of the room. When it does off I stagger out of bed, put in on snooze and then put it next to me as I crawl back into bed.
But - I've got one of those old fashioned alarm clocks too, and that goes off when I actually do need to get up. It is also on the other side of the room.

It's ridiculous. I was still late this morning as I somehow ended up back in bed. 3 alarm clocks perhaps?
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Use 2 alarm clocks, and climb out of bed very slowly
Peanut42
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QI Elf)
I have Stephen Fry wake me up then I get showered an dressed.

I'm actually serious about the Stephen Fry bit!! I have the world's coolest alarm clock which has Stephen's voice as a wake up call. H e is in the character of Jeeves from Jeeves and Wooster!!!
Oh my god I want one! Where did you get it? How much is it? Will you sell it to me?
Speedbird2008
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AntiLearner)
I set an alarm radio for 6 which goes unnoticed until around 6.30 when the phone alarm goes off, and I snooze it every 5 mins until 7. need something better.
I certainly don't wake up wanting to ask such a question.

Someone's bored, huh? :p:
JesterFromHell
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have my alarm clock 10 minutes fast anyway, set it for 7.35, have it on snooze so it goes off every 8 minutes I think. I usually ignore it until 7.50 because by that point it's too late for me to have breakfast which I don't like.

Alternatively, my cat sneaks into my room and jumps up at my face :rolleyes:
Truman
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Set my alarm on my phone for as late as poss and force myself out of bed as soon as it goes off! Means i maximize my sleeping time and because i hardly have any time before ive gotta be in uni im too rushed to worry about feeling crappy.
brightxburns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My alarm doesn't work any more. My Dad has to come in and shout at me to get up. I don't. He brings me a cup of tea. I drink it and go back to sleep. He finally storms in and starts bellowing again, I reluctantly get up and stagger into the shower, pull on some clothes and go.
M1R4J
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Radio alarm going off in the background, listening to radio and slowly getting up easily.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads