How do you get out of bed in the morning? Watch

Tucking Fypo
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Put the alarm on my phone for about half 6. Knowing I need to get up at around 6:45. I'm a late sleeper, so usually I've turned the alarm off by now and continue to sleep. My sister or mum come it at about 7 and just turn the light on and take my duvet away.

That gets me up in the morning.
Peytonn
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Whyy did they invent the snoooze button!!?? haha
Actually luckily I dont have a snooze button anymoree

so when my alarm goes off i open my curtainss and open my eyes widee then it stingss then i get up coz i cant go back to sleep so i get up woop x
Horatio Caine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Alarm goes at 7.15 and eventually at 8.10 after drifting in and out of sleep I'll get up, as I can't leave it any longer than that.
youresocutewhenyouscream
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have my iPod alarm going off at... 6.00, bellowing Avenged Sevenfold ridiculously loud at me. Then, my alarm clock goes off - one of those hammer + bell sort things. Turn that off. Then my phone alarm goes off, and I generally turn on the TV and listen to the BBC News. I snooze 'til perhaps 6.20, then force myself to go downstairs and get some tea, then shower and such.

xD, when my alarm clock was new, I scared myself awake. Still do that, f the iPod is loud enough (I plug it into my computer speakers).

EDIT: In the summer, as I live in the attic I usually get the sun shining right in my eyes as it's rising. No curtains or blinds.
RJ555
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im an extremely heavy sleeper and don't do mornings.

1st Alarm - 6:50 (I need this to wake me out of my comatose state, I then return to a somewhat light sleep for 25 mins)
2nd Alarm - 7:15 (I wake up a bit better on the second time)
Actually manage to drag myself out of bed - 7:20-7:30

So thats right, it involves a system covering 40mins for me to get up.

As Ive said, Im a heavy sleeper (deep sleep=good sleep) and I get 8-9 hours sleep every night. I eat healthily, exercise, and do all the reccomended stuff but nothing has worked for me. I just physically cannot operate in the morning.
A Beautiful Nightmare
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mpskitzo)
Radio alarm going off in the background, listening to radio and slowly getting up easily.
I do that too.

Do you find if you fall back asleep, you start dreaming of what is happening on the radio? This morning was the second one in the row that I dreamt I was with Dave and Chappers preparing to run around the stadium :p:
M1R4J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by A Beautiful Nightmare)

Do you find if you fall back asleep, you start dreaming of what is happening on the radio? This morning was the second one in the row that I dreamt I was with Dave and Chappers preparing to run around the stadium :p:
LOL Your in the same world as me, , happens all the time i knock out again. Sometimes its pretty kool you know
AsphyxiateD
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My phone alarm goes totally unnoticed, so I eventually get frightened out of bed by my "firebell" alarm.

When I'm at home... totally different story. My Dad has a variety of favoured techniques to get me up, including, but unfortunately not limited to a bongo drum and a guitar with an amp next to my head.
Mr. Ed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hide my phone, so that when the alarm goes off I spend several minutes trying to find it, by which time I'm awake.
lolimemma
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm the worst person ever at getting up in the morning. I'd happily sleep til the afternoon every day if I could.
However, have one of those Bose clock radio things that have no buttons on them so I set the alarm for about 7:10, put my remote in the bathroom, set the alarm to about volume 60. That means I physically HAVE to get up and get the remote so I can turn the alarm off. By that time I'm already in the bathroom so it seems pointless not to get in the shower !
QI Elf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Peanut42)
Oh my god I want one! Where did you get it? How much is it? Will you sell it to me?
http://www.voco.uk.com/

You can order if off there!!!
lolimemma
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by A Beautiful Nightmare)
I do that too.

Who won the race!?
I had to go out to lecture this morning and didn't catch it!
Creole
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Ed)
I hide my phone, so that when the alarm goes off I spend several minutes trying to find it, by which time I'm awake.
But surely you know where it is, after all, it was you that hid it?!

I'm surprised to see I'm not the only one who sets their alarm earlier than they have to get up so that they feel like they are getting a lie in. At the moment it's 6.40,6.50, and at 7 I really have to get up because I have to be in work at 7.50. Also the two fake alarms are right next to me, the last I have to get out of bed for. Oh and I find having some socks and a hat ready eases the coldness of the kitchen (right next to the conservatory, which is bloody cold in the morning).
quintsy
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
Depends really! I tend to wake up to the radio at 6ish, but I often subconsciously switch it off and go back into a state of half-sleeping. :p: My mum comes in to remind me I need to get to school every so often though.
BibbleJW
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When I'm at uni:
Set my alarm for 2 hours before I need to be away. Ignore it for an hour. It goes off. Wake up 5 mins before I need to go out, and figure I can skip one more lecture ...

When I'm at home (getting for work):
Set my alarm for 2 hours before I need to be away. Get up before the first song's finished. Shower to wake myself up, breakfast, and a touch of tv/internet before leaving.

Don't ask me why I find it easier to get up for work than anything else, I just do.

Also, my alarm clock is my PC playing a random album (at the moment, it's Elvis!), as an insane volume. Tends to annoy housemates/family, especially when it goes off at 4 in the morning
Citizen Zero
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used to be pretty good at getting up during ye olde school days when I had to wake up at 6:30am - it was usually a case of me literally flying out the bed like I had just been electrocuted as soon as the alarm went off.

Nowadays, I don't usually have to get up early (earliest is 7:30am) and I've fallen into a bad habit of snoozing for about half an hour before slowly crawling out of bed and shuffling to the bathroom like a zombie.
h82think
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My mum wakes me up, but never before 8am!
punktopia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't get up in the morning.

In the afternoon, I drag my bloated, 30-stone sack of tubes from my bacteria-infested bed with the help of a small pulley system.
Mr. Ed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Adthegreat)
But surely you know where it is, after all, it was you that hid it?!
My brain doesn't function optimally seconds after waking up
jenren22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It takes me about 10 minutes to actually wake up...like i become aware of the room, but my eyes are still half closed, then i wait for about ten minutes until i'm fully awake, and then i get up. The worst thing is when you know you have to get up and you're still half asleep. I set my alarm for about 30 mins before im due to get up, then my phone alarm for a bit later, then by that point i feel ready to get out of bed. But i never used to be like that.

You have to give yourself time to wake up. I mean, if you cant do that, bang your head on the pillow or think about how bad it would be if you got up late...there's always tomorrow night right? And the other thing? Get enough sleep. It does help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (246)
27.27%
No (656)
72.73%

Watched Threads