The Student Room Group

Re: Clinical elective

Hello

Trying to organise my clinical elective for Australia in summer 2019.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions which hospital and locations are good?
Any past experiences?
Ideally I'd like to do some sort of general medicine placement.

I know the Melbourne ones have already closed their applications for next year..

Cheers in advances :smile:
Have you not got access to Electives.net? That is probably one of the most in-depth looks at what hospitals/areas/universities are available in each country, including Australia. Sometimes a little outdated but still decent. I went to Sydney to the St Vincent's Hospital (through UNSW), which I really enjoyed (didn't do general medicine though). Each supervisor/placement even at the same hospital will vary what experience you get though I guess. It really just depends what you're after (e.g. plan to travel a lot, want to just dive in and work from 6am-6pm sort of thing, want a city vs outback experience, etc) and what places take you. Good luck!
Hi,I have started to organise my Elective in Sidney almost three months ago and yesterday I have just payed the Elective fee. After consulting the elective network website I asked for the Royal North Shore Hospital and fortunately there where available places. The reviews on the website were good, even if I have to point out the fact that you have to quick your application procedure very quickly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending