The Student Room Group

College fustration

Hello, lately I've been feeling conflicted due to me leaving soon for university.
The situation is that I've received an unconditional offer and a conditional offer. I've chosen my unconditional as my insurance offer and my conditional as my firm choice but now that I look at it, i wont be able to reach the requirements needed for me to go to my firm choice. Will I still be able to go to uni because of my unconditional offer as my insurance or does this mean that because I've chosen a firm I won't be going to uni starting September?
Any help would be appreciated!!!
Original post by rhscris
Hello, lately I've been feeling conflicted due to me leaving soon for university.
The situation is that I've received an unconditional offer and a conditional offer. I've chosen my unconditional as my insurance offer and my conditional as my firm choice but now that I look at it, i wont be able to reach the requirements needed for me to go to my firm choice. Will I still be able to go to uni because of my unconditional offer as my insurance or does this mean that because I've chosen a firm I won't be going to uni starting September?
Any help would be appreciated!!!

If your firm choice rejects you, you will automatically be passed on to your insurance offer- that's the point of your insurance! If your insurance choice accepts you (as yours will as you have an unconditional offer) then you have a place there- so you'll go to uni in September.

Your firm choice still has first refusal on you- so if you just miss your grades, they might still chose to accept you. You don't get to chose between your firm and insurance on results day.

Sometimes unis give out offers which become unconditional if firmed. If you use one of these choices as your insurance, you'd still have to meet the conditions of you offer.

Hopefully that all makes sense and means you can relax. If you have an unconditional insurance, you're definitely going to uni in September!
Reply 2
Original post by SarcAndSpark
If your firm choice rejects you, you will automatically be passed on to your insurance offer- that's the point of your insurance! If your insurance choice accepts you (as yours will as you have an unconditional offer) then you have a place there- so you'll go to uni in September.

Your firm choice still has first refusal on you- so if you just miss your grades, they might still chose to accept you. You don't get to chose between your firm and insurance on results day.

Sometimes unis give out offers which become unconditional if firmed. If you use one of these choices as your insurance, you'd still have to meet the conditions of you offer.

Hopefully that all makes sense and means you can relax. If you have an unconditional insurance, you're definitely going to uni in September!

Thank you so much, knowing has made me feel much more at ease.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending