GDPR

Watch this thread
charmaine45th
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I work for a company that has abused my data for months but allowing my colleague access to my salary and being all cavaliar about it when i bought it to there attention. Now they have starting sending emails for this new GDPR and requesting that we sign it . Can i refuse because they are the most unscrupulaous company that may even use the service to abuse more of my data?
charmaine45th
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Thank you for that and it helps. I will not sign it because the government brings out all these fancy laws to so call protect us and at the end of the day , they really do not protect us . The government have gone out of the way to shut down bodies that years ago was in place to protect us. There is no such thing as protecting our data's anymore. Yes, the company i work for is one of the worst companies to be run. I worked for their sister company previously and should have learnt my lesson , but nieve as i was , i thought the company i currently work for would be better. It is 10 times worse and is run by indians, so what should i expect
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by charmaine45th)
Thank you for that and it helps. I will not sign it because the government brings out all these fancy laws to so call protect us and at the end of the day , they really do not protect us . The government have gone out of the way to shut down bodies that years ago was in place to protect us. There is no such thing as protecting our data's anymore. Yes, the company i work for is one of the worst companies to be run. I worked for their sister company previously and should have learnt my lesson , but nieve as i was , i thought the company i currently work for would be better. It is 10 times worse and is run by indians, so what should i expect
If you don't accept it, you're out of a job. Simple. Every job requires some form of data processing.

There's no need to be racist; it just highlights your narrow-mindedness.
charmaine45th
Rep:
Like i said , the system is NEVER there to protect us . It is just another skimming way for the government and business to exploit. The company i work for abused my personal salary and thus making me as target to workplace bullying . When i challenged them about it , it was shrugged off. I cannot trust them
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Like i said , the system is NEVER there to protect us . It is just another skimming way for the government and business to exploit. The company i work for abused my personal salary and thus making me as target to workplace bullying . When i challenged them about it , it was shrugged off. I cannot trust them
So you report it to the very agency designed to protect you...
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
There are more robust protections under the GDPR than under the DPA. I am unsure why you'd reject these improvements which will make it more likely your data will not be mishandled.
charmaine45th
Rep:
(Original post by Notoriety)
There are more robust protections under the GDPR than under the DPA. I am unsure why you'd reject these improvements which will make it more likely your data will not be mishandled.
For the same reason i explained earlier. The government and NOT there to protect us only to continued to exploit us. All the bodies that use to be there to protect us has been stripped away from the government. They have not suddenly become compassionate If it isnt financially gaining for them , they are not interested. The bodies set up to protect my salary ( which i use to get which isnt much) was linked to my colleagues , if i where to report them to the Data Protection act then i guarantee because the firm itself has mney , they wont be touched , but no doubt the Data Protection would make a mint out of it behind the scenes but having backhanded payment be given to them
IWMTom
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
For the same reason i explained earlier. The government and NOT there to protect us only to continued to exploit us. All the bodies that use to be there to protect us has been stripped away from the government. They have not suddenly become compassionate If it isnt financially gaining for them , they are not interested. The bodies set up to protect my salary ( which i use to get which isnt much) was linked to my colleagues , if i where to report them to the Data Protection act then i guarantee because the firm itself has mney , they wont be touched , but no doubt the Data Protection would make a mint out of it behind the scenes but having backhanded payment be given to them
Christ you're deluded.. report it to the ICO, don't report it to the ICO, we don't really care.
TomW624
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Do you know why and how this colleague got to know your salary?
charmaine45th
Rep:
(Original post by TomW624)
Do you know why and how this colleague got to know your salary?
I had enquired and the department wont tell me .. They did not even apologise either. It is a very nasty company
TomW624
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I had enquired and the department wont tell me .. They did not even apologise either. It is a very nasty company
Well maybe it was an equality thing. The 2010 Equality Act allows employees access to the salaries of their comparators should they thing their is some inequality going on. Perhaps the other employee wanted confirmation that they were not being paid unequally for their job role.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (81)
66.39%
In the post (5)
4.1%
Text (16)
13.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (20)
16.39%

Watched Threads