username4036268
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
My a levels are gonna flop this year.
Was predicted A*AA probably get BCD.
My college have aid I don't have to sit my exams this year due to something that happened like 2 weeks ago which counts as an extenuated circumstance.
I already know I'm going to take a gap year to resit my exams and apply to UCL and Durham.

Should I sit these exams, flop them and then resit them in a gap year?
or
Not sit these exams at all then sit them for my first time next year?

If I don't sit them now then technically they won't be resits so would unis prefer this?
phat-chewbacca
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NatSciences)
My college have aid I don't have to sit my exams this year due to something that happened like 2 weeks ago which counts as an extenuated circumstance.
I already know I'm going to take a gap year to resit my exams and apply to UCL and Durham.

or

If I don't sit them now then technically they won't be resits so would unis prefer this?
If you are taking Maths under the legacy syllabus you will need to sit the exams in this series to be eligible to re-sit next year.

What subjects are you taking and which exam boards are you taking them with?
maisiex10x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I where you, I would try and take the exams in November time, would this be possible? And not take them this time round. What subjects are you taking? You are predicted such high grades and if you have slightly longer to revise I'm sure you would be able to achieve this. Obviously, I don't know your personal circumstance however if it was me this is what I would do.
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maisiex10x)
If I where you, I would try and take the exams in November time, would this be possible? And not take them this time round. What subjects are you taking? You are predicted such high grades and if you have slightly longer to revise I'm sure you would be able to achieve this. Obviously, I don't know your personal circumstance however if it was me this is what I would do.
It it not possible to sit UK A-Level exams in November or January anymore. This has been removed by the Government in 2013.

Only International A-Levels taken with Cambridge International (CIE) or Edexcel IAL can be taken in November/January.
maisiex10x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by phat-chewbacca)
It it not possible to sit UK A-Level exams in November or January anymore. This has been removed by the Government in 2013.

Only International A-Levels taken with Cambridge International (CIE) or Edexcel IAL can be taken in November/January.
Really!! I never knew this
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by maisiex10x)
Really!! I never knew this
Yep, it is so unfair and I am in the same position as NatSciences

https://www.cife.org.uk/cife-general...other-changes/
G.Y
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by NatSciences)

or

Sit them, you can request your papers back after results day and see where you went wrong and where to improve. It'll be the most valuable form of revision
phat-chewbacca
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by G.Y)
Sit them, you can request your papers back after results day and see where you went wrong and where to improve. It'll be the most valuable form of revision
I am in the same position as Nat Sciences and I aspire to do a BSc in Maths at Imperial College. They informed me that I should not sit the exams if I feel I will not perform to my best ability and attain the highest possible grades as they do not accept re-sits.

The OP should check if the university accepts re-sits. Also if the OP sits their exams in this exam series they will need to provide their grades to UCAS when applying to uni for 2019 placement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads