Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Get a room alex and Bella :p:

Just joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inflation)

Just joking
    we're trying to keep you low inflation,there might be trade off (between me and alex) which could result in you rising :p: (obviously too much economics, Lol)

ReputationRep:
    I think you need to sleep

ReputationRep:
    good night inflation
    x
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Veni_vidi)
    you got it right.
    and you'll be doing maths and economics
    Close, straight Economics, but I'll be choosing mathematical options when I get the chance.

(Original post by Inflation)

Just joking
    lol

(Original post by Veni_vidi)
    we're trying to keep you low inflation,there might be trade off (between me and alex) which could result in you rising :p: (obviously too much economics, Lol)
    Very good. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Ernst & Young have great background material to the CEE .if any one wants ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ploop)
    I've only done about 2/3 hours thus far and am unlikely to do too much more. Not because I don't need to or don't want to, but English is more important and unfortunately,
    Same I have C4 this thursday so concentrating on that, leaves me one evening to go through this exam!

ReputationRep:
    C4 as in Maths C4???

But I did that exam about 3 weeks ago, it can't be the same one surely?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by wiseman01)
    C4 as in Maths C4???

But I did that exam about 3 weeks ago, it can't be the same one surely?
    Edexcel C4 is on Thursday if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    c4 is crazy hard..can anyone give me just some basic points to a question like.."using the extracts disscus the extent to which The Eu automotive market is and oligipolistic market" or something similar...was thinking about it last night couldnt get any good points down...hows everyone doing with c4 ?

ReputationRep:
    ye C4s not going well either, vector questions take me a bout 40 mins and integration is waaay too complicated! anyway can anyone answer the question i asked a few pages back -

Originally Posted by Lili!
    (with the MSC curve having a steeper gradient than MPC),

why is the MSC curve more inelastic than the MPC curve?

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure on this one, maybe it has something to do with social costs having smaller changes in QD with a change in price, i.e. it has some sort of time lag like pollution, and with MPC or the cost to the consumer a change in price will effect it much quicker.

Not too sure maybe someone else can have a go?

And 4star your going to need to study the extracts and see if you can find anything that shows signs that the industry is oligopolistic i.e. handful of sellers, interdependent etc and then for some characteristics your not going to find anything from the extract to write for, thats where your evaluative comments come in such as their is no or limited evidence that..... if this was there then the market would be .... and so on

ReputationRep:
    Wow thats great thanks..

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading some auto reports, where it also emphasises the amount of unofficial economy in the m-t- primarily bribes.
    how do you think we can include that in the context?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ploop)
    In the context of what? I assume 'm' 't' stand for motoring something?

The 'unofficial' economy is a market failure as it's money that's out of the economic loop and is not being taxed. Furthermore, bribery leads to inequitability, not only in spread of income but also that contracts and other beneficial things will obviously be done biasedly as opposed to justly. Bribery also diminishes the effect of potential intervention i.e. regulation as it provides a sneaky method around it. Erm, another thing could be that it represents a barrier to entry and information failure. It's a failure of information in that other firms may not know about it and a barrier to entry in that they're given favour over new entrants due to bribery.

I'm not sure if that's answering the question/what you're looking for, so apologies if not.
    m-t is the way i write market)
    i get the impression, you'll get an A,

ReputationRep:
    could anyone help with the benfits of regulation?

ReputationRep:
    ploop and alex if I ever see you I'll buy you non stop drinks on a night out! you are simply saviours! enough said x

ReputationRep:
    Haha me too! can we rename this thread as the "alex and ploop" fan club :p: x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ploop)
    The 3 firm concentration ratio in CEE countries varies from 71.0% to 31.8%. This shows that all market structures in CEE countries for light vehicle sales are imperfect. However, without further information, it is difficult to categorise all countries under one market structure. Based on the information given, the majority appear to be an oligopolistic market structure (the %s show a few firms dominating the market), but with Poland and Bulgaria, where the ratio is lower, it’s more likely to be a cross between monopolistic and oligopolistic. Furthermore, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia and the Ukraine all have firms with a market share of more than 25%. In the UK, this would accord the law, constitute a monopoly position and so those firms with that market share would be considered as monopolies (the interpretation varies depending on the law). According to economic theory though, a true monopoly is only when the firm has 100% of market share. For the sake of simplicity though, it's best to state an assumption that they're all varying degrees of oligopolies.

Other signs of an oligopolistic market is the price differentials across Europe. It indicates imperfect information and inelasticity in demand, both are traits of oligopolies. Also, you get a wide range of products (product differentiation), high investment in research and development (this suggests abnormal profits being reinvested) and also, the negative externalities tend to be more indicative of oligopolies/monopolies than monopolistic. You've also got in the introduction about the market being "concentrated in the hands of a few major groups" and also about "mergers and acquisitions". There's reference to the competition authorities investigating the price differentials too.
    thats actually brilliant. I was stuck on that question. Cheers

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.