The Student Room Group

Change job

Hi.

I would like to ask if I have maintenance loan as a migrant worker and I want to change my job, and I have already found something. So I won't have any gaps in my employment. Will I lose my migrant status anyway?

Another question is if I want keep my migrant worker status do I have to work all year ? Is it fine if I do not work on the summer between one year and another ? for lets say 1 month

Thanks in advance for any answers :smile:
Reply 1
Please,Does anyone know the answer for above questions?
Hi there,

To be eligible to receive home student as a Migrant Worker you would need to be in continuous employment. Any periods of unemployment may affect your eligibility for the funding.

If you change jobs then this should have no affect in your funding.

Kind Regards
Grant
Reply 3
Thanks for the answer.

One more thing.
What if my contract will change, I mean for example in my contract is that I work 20hours per week and it will change to 40hours. Will I have to send my new contract which included 40 hours to the SFE office?

Can they change the amount of money I get if my hours which I do increased by another 20 ?

Thanks in advance. :smile:
Original post by Dom56
Thanks for the answer.

One more thing.
What if my contract will change, I mean for example in my contract is that I work 20hours per week and it will change to 40hours. Will I have to send my new contract which included 40 hours to the SFE office?

Can they change the amount of money I get if my hours which I do increased by another 20 ?

Thanks in advance. :smile:

Thanks Dom.

We would need to see the new contract but this wouldn't impact your entitlement negatively as we don't take into account a students earned income when working out the funding (we only use it for Migrant Workers to ascertain eligibility for the funding).

-Shaun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending