Waxing Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Please keep anon, I don't want this thread to come up in my posts, as it's kinda embarassing... However just wanted some advice.

I'm looking to wax 'down there', not just a bikini wax. I was wondering what type of thing you would use to do it? [As I'm going to try and do it myself, I don't dare try and book it somewhere...] I bought a waxing kit which is for bikini line waxing and legs etc. , will that be ok to use to remove all of the hair?

Also, I've shaved before, and this left spots and itchiness. I'm assuming this was due to ingrown hairs and things like that, does waxing generally not have these issues afterwards? Or if it does, is there anything I can do to minimise that?

Any tips/help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
TheShrimp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm I really don't know if I'd recommend you try doing anything more than a normal bikini wax by yourself.
But if you're really determined, I don't know which waxing kit you got, but try waxing your legs with it first to see how it works & to make you comfortable. Remember to trim the hair to minimise pain!
I still get ingrown hairs by waxing unfortunately. Maybe try to exfoliate the area?
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't do it yourself. If you wanna go bare down there then show some naked confidence and get it done professionally. They've seen it a thousand times and I bet they've had a ton of wax virgins before so they'll expect screaming. Lol. Waxing isn't much better for ingrown hairs either. And... it really hurts.

Veet bikini isn't actually intended for full blown groin waxage... I think theres a caution on the packet. Maybe i'm wrong. But I would advise against doing it yourself, especially as a first timer.
-steph-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Please dont do it yourself if ur going all out. I just lost my wax virginity today. LOL and it wasnt so bad as you dont know when to expect the pain but when you do it urself u know when the pain is coming and then u dont want to do it. Go to a professional as in there is really no embarrassment cause they just talk to u while u r doing it and you are on ur back so you just look upwards.
Doing it urself most likely wont work cause when u get to the middle thats the worst part and i doubt that u r going to want to do that to urself.
Rokit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
First time I had a bikini and leg wax I screamed and swore at the woman. She just placated me

do not wax your bikini area yourself
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I always do mine myself, and I whip it all off (cos thats just how I like it :p:)
Ive always done it myself, never been to a 'professional' and never had any trouble- if you have an ounce of common sense, and make sure you read the instructions it'll be fine, I dont personally see the big deal in DIY?

Maybe start small at first, just tidy up and as you get more competant take more off if thats what you want. Dont be nervous or worried, its not as daunting or hard as some people think. And personally I really dont think the pain is that bad, and I prefer knowing when its coming. I imagine the pain would be worse with a professional as you'd be more nervous and tense in the company of someone fiddling around down there than you would be in your own company?

You still need to exfoliate with waxing, just buy an exfoliating glove and give the area a once over a couple of days afterwards, once the redness etc has gone down.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1377)
79.5%
Leave (355)
20.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise