Piercings? What do y'all think of 'em? Watch

Kate.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hylean)
This is true, but you can get some amazing looking fake plugs and stuff.
Really? The only ones I've seen are really tacky and cheap...and unless you have massive earlobes it's usually really obvious when they're fake because the shape of the earlobe just isn't right :P I love my plugs.
osteec
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think peircings look ok on some guys.

I personally have one in one ear and two in the other. I got the second done by my friend at school. Didn't hurt a bit.
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kate.)
Really? The only ones I've seen are really tacky and cheap...and unless you have massive earlobes it's usually really obvious when they're fake because the shape of the earlobe just isn't right :P I love my plugs.
Well obviously they don't go to the bigger sizes, but there's a company called Tribu who do some amazing looking smaller fake plugs. I've worn quite a few by them and people were always asking me bout the size till I showed them it was just a 1.2mm bar hidden by the thick wood.

I'm not really into plugs, myself, I might go to 1.5, for a really really thin one, but no more.
SoundDevastation
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is true, but you can get some amazing looking fake plugs and stuff.
theyre all pretty small though, and if you had small attached earlobes like me they would reach of the end and therefore be a bit of a giveaway :p:

ChrisTheRockGod
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
much better than tattoos simply because they aren't permanent. Still, not my thing personally.
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
some are permanent.. my lobes will never be normal again, and i'll have scars from my snakebites for the rest of my life.. but thats partly why i love them.
Elfin Doll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not in favour of multiple body piercings but each to their own
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoundDevastation)
some are permanent.. my lobes will never be normal again, and i'll have scars from my snakebites for the rest of my life.. but thats partly why i love them.
That's why I never want to get my lobes stretched, plus when the plugs are taken out, they look quite nyah. Just hanging there, not for me. I'll stick to my fake ones.

What do you think of the under-surface piercings? Like, where the feed a wire under the skin to make a pattern? I'm not sure how common it is, but a piercist was telling me bout them once.
_:_Emo_Cheerleader_:_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on the person. For the main part I'd say each to their own. And to the OP, I think navel piercings are fine if you want them badly enough.

I've got 5 so far (Two in ech earlobe) and my navel. I want my wrist done next.

I don't like facial piercings much (Not terribly practical, or good for inerviews or student nurses) and I'd be scared of getting a 'down-below' piercing in case I lost any sensitivity. Also not too wild on ear plugs.
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Piercings are one hell of a YES from me.

I haven't decided on what I want next. I've already got my tongue, lobes and right helix done.. and had to retire my tragus
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's why I never want to get my lobes stretched, plus when the plugs are taken out, they look quite nyah. Just hanging there, not for me. I'll stick to my fake ones.

What do you think of the under-surface piercings? Like, where the feed a wire under the skin to make a pattern? I'm not sure how common it is, but a piercist was telling me bout them once.
dermal implants? theyre usually done with silicone from what i gather and havent really caught on on the UK much.. they can look pretty cool though..

Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dermal implants? theyre usually done with silicone from what i gather and havent really caught on on the UK much.. they can look pretty cool though..

That's probably the best example we're ever going to find.. :p:

Implants are famed for going wrong and looking like a tumour under the skin. xD
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah.. i had to search 3 pages of modblog to find something that looked good! most implants are done as horns on the forehead.. which isnt quite to my taste! haha
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah.. i had to search 3 pages of modblog to find something that looked good! most implants are done as horns on the forehead.. which isnt quite to my taste! haha
Haha, yeah.. they suited Darth Maul..
OnlyMe!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A few piercings can look good, but too many look trashy...
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I see a lot of that kind in Slimelight, funnily enough.
~Ally~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
slightly ignorant question perhaps, but what exactly happens when you decide you don't want to have your plugs in anymore? Are you gonna have big holes in your ear forever and ever, or can you get them stitched up? (thats just an Ally-wonders question, i'd not want to have them done myself)
Piercings rule, i don't have to deliberate on them for as long as i do tattoos (I got my nose pierced on a whim through having half an hour to wait for someone.. sense...)though my body doesn't seem to think so and keeps trying to reject them, bah!
SoundDevastation
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
there are various things to do with plugs.. if you leave them out they will naturally shrink, mine would probably go down to 6/8mm which is a much more discreet size and can be passed off as normal earrings. The other option is earlobe reconstruction which involves removing the fistula (the inside layer of the hole) and sealing them back together.

but tbh i think id probably keep them. The reason not many 40+ year olds have plugs now is because they were virtually unheard of 30years ago. In 19 years time (im that close to 40.. what a horrible thought!!) there will be alot more people of that age with body mods.
Fjarskafinn
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Absolutely. People are always saying how unprofessional body mods are.. but when you think about it, in about 10 years' time when our generation's looking for proper jobs, most bosses will be modded as well :p:
Hylean
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Corset piercings are teh sex. :coma:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed